• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

KSBS, Steamboat Springs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Elevation 6800+', Pavement 4452", LDA 3852' each way due to displaced threshold on Rwy 32 and a note on Rwy 14 stating the last 600' not available for landing.

I went to HDN, 16nm west, 10,000' runway.

X

We have been in there with our Citation II, but not a large aircraft. While it was beautiful to fly into, we now fly into Hayden. Longer runway, good service, and only about 10-15 min drive into town.

Elevation 6800+', Pavement 4452", LDA 3852' each way due to displaced threshold on Rwy 32 and a note on Rwy 14 stating the last 600' not available for landing.

I went to HDN, 16nm west, 10,000' runway.

X
I can't find the RWY 14 note in the nontams or AF/D.Your reference would be a great help.

Never mind, got it from the airport diagram. Your sentence was confusing. The airport diagram just says runway landing distance for 14 3852'. Thanks. FR8FO, I wouldn't go there in the 650 either. I used to go out of Monongahela (sp) PA part 91 in a 650 and that was scary enough!

HJ,

The note is on the airport page of the Jepps in the runway info section. Also, the AF/D also has the LDA 3852' for both ends of the runway. Some sites, FltPlan.com don't mention the restriction for runway 14, however Airnav.com does mention the LDA of 3852' for 14. I'll try to get a Jepp version and put a link to it here in this thread.

X

Sorry we crossed paths with your last posting and this one. I won't bother with the link then. I'm not much of a writer, I confuse myself a lot!:blush:

X

Last edited:
The family i flew for has a home in Steamboat Springs and we operated a CE560. HDN was always the airport we used. With airline service(up to B757s in the winter), 10000' runway and full ILS, in the course of a year there was only one time we had to divert. It's about 30mins into town during the summer and 45mins to an hour depending on road conditions in the winter.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back