Komen race for the cure

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

blesko

Hey all, my fiancee's mother is a one year survivor of breast cancer. As october rolls around, its time for the race for the cure. Here's the one we're running/walking for her. If interested in donating to the breast cancer awareness fund (not a personal donation, but for the national cause), follow the links for the komen race for the cure.

If interested and are in the lexington/cincinnati area and want to run/walk with us, PM me and I'll provide details.

http://www.komenlexington.org/site/...1000&et=xp0Hxfb8FA5KlIx1lv637g..&s_tafId=1002

Bryan
F/O Atlantic Southeast Airlines

Last edited:
I fully support stopping all cancer,... but Komen is someone I will not support. I give to other organizations instead.

Komen gives large grants ($374,253 last year, according to Komen) to the largest abortion provider in the US.
Whether you are Pro-Choice or not, you should know that a good chunk of your money given to Komen supports abortion.

With growing medical evidence showing that abortions significantly increase a woman's risk for breast cancer, I find it ironic that Komen wouldn't at least be neutral on the issue of abortion.

I fully support stopping all cancer,... but Komen is someone I will not support. I give to other organizations instead.

Komen gives large grants ($374,253 last year, according to Komen) to the largest abortion provider in the US.
Whether you are Pro-Choice or not, you should know that a good chunk of your money given to Komen supports abortion.

With growing medical evidence showing that abortions significantly increase a woman's risk for breast cancer, I find it ironic that Komen wouldn't at least be neutral on the issue of abortion.
Im with you Huggy 2.
I will never give a penny to them. Although they do good research for breast cancer they are huge providers to Planned Parenthood who is the largest murderer in our country.
Im glad you stated that . I dont think too many people know where they stand on life issues, pretty ironic they help save lives when it comes to breast cancer but support planned parenthood with millions to kill the most innocent in their own mothers womb. Doesn't really make too much sense...

For those wondering, I'm not trying to start an "abortion" discussion.

But if I give a donation to the Boy Scouts, I expect it to do stuff "for the Boy Scouts".
If I give money to a cancer research group, I simply expect my money would be used to end cancer, not support some unrelated agenda.

Abortion is so 1988......get with the program. Social issues are the least of your worries, our nation is broke and financial markets on life support. If the carrier you are working for needs a line of credit you will likely be standing in an unemployment line by XMAS.

I wonder where we would be if people actually paid attention to the big ticket items instead of the little turds, perhaps we'd have a cure for stupidity.

I gave to the Komen fund last year, this year, and will in the future.

Side fact; The brain child behind the foundation is Nancy Brinker, Susan's sister, who is regularyly seen moonlighting with the Bush's and was even given a foreign post position by George jr. himself. So sweat the small stuff.....its more amusing for the rest of us to watch.

Thumbs up Bryan!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back