Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

svcta

"Kids these days"-AAflyer
Just a heads up to all you travelers to stay away from the Knowles Car Rental company, or Clinton Knowles, or Tanya Knowles, or Tavares Knowles, or Sabal Palm Car Rental Co, or whatever they call themselves. I just spent a week on Eleuthera on a vacation that was punctuated by my spending two days with the local police, the US Embassy, the Ministry of Tourism, the justice of the peace and the island administrator defending myself against a $500 shake down for claimed "flood damage" to a convertible Kia Sportage that Tanya Knowles rented to me. Damn thing was a death trap to begin with and then she claimed that I left the top off in a rain storm, but wouldn't show me the damage. Came back with a quote for repairs in less than 15 minutes after I told her that I wasn't paying for damages that didn't exist.

Long story short, I ended up in a hearing with the above mentioned parties and the "case" was thrown out after two hours of nonsense, thanks largely to the local Sgt. stating that there was no flood damage to the car as far as he could see.

Tanya Knowles is a liar, a bully, and the only nasty person I encountered on Eleuthera....and the only non-native. Leave it to a entitled white-trash American or Canadian, or whatever she is to ruin the reputation of an island full of otherwise lovely people. She threatened me with arrest in front of my family, tried to strong arm me by telling me that I was "not in the US anymore and didn't know what was in store for me". She tried to convince me that I would be fingerprinted,arrested and put in jail if I didn't pay her. She even claimed that I should pay her because she served in Iraq! WTF!?

TOTAL SHAKEDOWN! I didn't roll over and the issue was dismissed by the locals with a warning to the Knowles that there would be a meeting with all the car rental people to see that this type of thing was prevented in the future.

A terrible end to what should have been a week on the most beautiful beach I've ever seen. Spread the word.

Knowles

Sorry to hear your troubles. I rented a car for a week last year from "Mr. Johnson" and had no issues with him.

I definitely see how easy this can happen however, it was very shady.

Latest resources

Back