Forums Chief Pilot
Staff member
Type aircraft owned
Carbon Cub FX-3
Base airport
KFCI
Ratings
COMM, IFR, MEL, SEL
As a new aircraft owner with little guidance from the factory it's quite the learning process in ensuring you and your plane remain legal. Obviously having a good maintenance shop helps but when you get into the land of experimental that can be difficult to find. Learning how to find AD's, learning about inspection intervals and avoiding anything missed by accident is important to say the least. Fellow aircraft owners and information share is key and fortunately I keep in touch with those that like to help each other out. Both @Tsquared and @craig.roser have been a big help, Craig saved the day asking me ironically about my 91.411 and 91.413 inspections which are due every 24 months and sure enough that's this month for me. Proud of doing my own condition inspection but here like usual something gets your eyes opened and I need to get these two items done. The IFR certification (pitot static) is not crucial to me as I have no plans to fly this plane IFR although it has the equipment to do so, but the transponder certification is the one you can't miss. Make your spreadsheet, white board, whatever it is that works for you and stay on top of your due dates.

https://www.ecfr.gov/current/title-14/chapter-I/subchapter-F/part-91/subpart-E/section-91.411

https://www.ecfr.gov/current/title-14/chapter-I/subchapter-F/part-91/subpart-E/section-91.413

Something I’ve found helpful in keeping track of maintenance and inspection dates.

this is just a white board I picked up on Amazon.

IMG_0996.jpeg

Last edited:
The simplest woul be to put it on a calendar with a reminder sufficiently before it is due to make arrangements.

you can also do what flightvschools do - a dispatch sheet with the dates and tach times as applicable

Latest resources

Back