Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CapnVegetto

The Prince of all Saiyans
I just have a quickie question.......is there a Legacy carrier that, right now, there is a realistic chance at getting on without having an internal rec? Seems like it is just about impossible, but is there a realistic chance anywhere? United? Delta? NWA? CAL? USAir?

SWA seems to be just when your numbers come up in their search engine. No recs needed. Having the type will guarantee you an interview eventually. This from Lindsay's mouth over 2 years ago.

Had an interview at JB 2 mos. ago also with no rec, but I had my stuff in for 18 mos.

No call from CAL yet, had stuff in for 20 mos. Some letters on file at Airline Aps, but no walkins. And I'm Xjet too.

SWA seems to be just when your numbers come up in their search engine. No recs needed. Having the type will guarantee you an interview eventually. This from Lindsay's mouth over 2 years ago.

Had an interview at JB 2 mos. ago also with no rec, but I had my stuff in for 18 mos.

No call from CAL yet, had stuff in for 20 mos. Some letters on file at Airline Aps, but no walkins. And I'm Xjet too.

yeah cal is a pain in the ass. I had a decent amount of time but could not get called until somebody finally called KD Jost for me. Good luck bud hopefully you get in the right stack somewhere.

Whoa, whoa, whoa...CapnVegetto! When did you decide to fly for an airline? I thought you were a diehard corporate flyer? What happened bro, I just gots to know.

Friends and Family program, its up at all majors and been going for 25+yrs I know about.

United, might be easier. I cant believe anyone wanting to work at that pay scale. However I read in another post how a kid wanted to fly "big jets" and would do it for free if he had to.

You can make believe you're with the "Big Boys" on your MS Flight Sim at home. And you can get a real job doing anything else for more money. You can even order an airline uniform, sit at your computer console, occasionally call your wife or girlfirend (or partner) for a cup of coffee, and pretend to play airline pilot. You'll be treated much better.

Last edited:
CaptVegetto, very similar to corporate - without anyone walking in your stuff and going to bat for you, it's an uphill battle with stiff resistance.

Conference

I had a buddy in my new hire class that went to the Women's In Aviation Conference. Yes, he stood out, but it also showed that he wanted to get in the door at CAL. It worked. He had no other internal recs.

Thinking outside the box is a good thing.

Latest resources

Back