Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Workin'Stiff

Fire in 'da hole!!!!
I just heard on the news that pilots for KLM and Air France have said that they will honor a strike by Delta pilots... Wonder if British Airways will join the mix... You've got to hand it to the European pilots... Wasn't it late last year when British Airways pilots shut down the operation because the caterers were on strike???

Workin'Stiff said:
I just heard on the news that pilots for KLM and Air France have said that they will honor a strike by Delta pilots... Wonder if British Airways will join the mix... You've got to hand it to the European pilots... Wasn't it late last year when British Airways pilots shut down the operation because the caterers were on strike???

They'll honor it by flying passengers that are rebooked on KLM and AF. Delta is in trouble. The strike talk only makes it worse. Furthermore, the pilots will NOT strike -- just like at NWA -- they'll settle for a TA that they claim was in the best interest of the pilots.

All that strike talk does only 2 things --

provides fodder for guys on web forums
drives customers away

accinelli said:
The strike talk only makes it worse. Furthermore, the pilots will NOT strike -- just like at NWA -- they'll settle for a TA that they claim was in the best interest of the pilots.

A crappy deal like the NW pilots agreed too won't work here. All of our old guys have retired, and the rest know the pension is a goner no matter what we do. No matter how you want to look at it, the NWA pilots screwed their young in a no win effort to protect their pension plan.

While I think a deal will ultimately be reached, if you think the pilots will not strike if our contract is voided, you are sadly mistaken.

If our contract is thrown out we will strike.

Umm

michael707767 said:
A. No matter how you want to look at it, the NWA pilots screwed their young in a no win effort to protect their pension plan.
The NWA TA has not been voted on yet...I think it may go either way..ya never know.

accinelli said:
They'll honor it by flying passengers that are rebooked on KLM and AF. Delta is in trouble. The strike talk only makes it worse. Furthermore, the pilots will NOT strike -- just like at NWA -- they'll settle for a TA that they claim was in the best interest of the pilots.

drives customers away

Don't underestimate the pilot group. I have been told many times that they will overwhelmingly vote for a strike IF THEIR CONTRACT IS THROWN OUT. Get it? Don't change the contract and expect the status quo. Scope changes and additional wage concessions will sink that ship. Simple as that.

accinelli said:

drives customers away

Say what? How do you know that? We are DIFFERENT than the NW guys because we don't have the need to keep the pensions, we already know they are gone (as confirmed in the hearings today). So, we aren't tied to anything. We will strike if we need to, primarily because IF THEY THROW OUT OUR CONTRACT WE HAVE NO SENIORITY LIST, NO MERGER PROTECTION, NO FRAGMENTATION PROTECTION, etc. We will have no contract, and no obligation to work. If DL wants to get exit financing, they need a pilot contract, and they also want new stock issued to them (management and creditors) so they can buy bigger houses. If we liquidate, they don't get any and might actually have to sell their current ones. We know this, and we will get a TA, and if it suks, we will vote it DOWN. Capice Anus-celli??

Bye Bye--General Lee

General Lee said:
Say what? How do you know that? We are DIFFERENT than the NW guys because we don't have the need to keep the pensions, we already know they are gone (as confirmed in the hearings today). So, we aren't tied to anything. We will strike if we need to, primarily because IF THEY THROW OUT OUR CONTRACT WE HAVE NO SENIORITY LIST, NO MERGER PROTECTION, NO FRAGMENTATION PROTECTION, etc. We will have no contract, and no obligation to work. If DL wants to get exit financing, they need a pilot contract, and they also want new stock issued to them (management and creditors) so they can buy bigger houses. If we liquidate, they don't get any and might actually have to sell their current ones. We know this, and we will get a TA, and if it suks, we will vote it DOWN. Capice Anus-celli??

Bye Bye--General Lee

Sure you'll strike. Then you'll apply to a regional and work your way back up -- right!!!

accinelli said:
Sure you'll strike. Then you'll apply to a regional and work your way back up -- right!!!

You bet. But, I won't try for any of the DCI regionals, which will be gone too. I will probably ask my buddy for help over in Taiwan to fly EVA MD11s for their cargo side. That sounds great.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest resources

Back