Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

countbat

Alea Jacta Est
What's the deal with Kitty Hawk? Are they out of Capt 11? Have they recalled their pilots?

Yes they are out of C/11 and they are recalling pilots , there is rumors that they might merge with Kallita for the long runs on the 747.
So far the recall was about 50 guy's and there should be more before the end of the year.
Their load out of FWA are above expected.

Kallitta merger.......
A merger was never mentioned what was mentioned was that Connie might bring a 747 into FWA in the afternoon from overseas to take advantage of the Kitty Hawk night sort. This talked about talked about a month or so ago and not for very long.
It probably will not happen.
Yes...loads are good. Contract ngtns should start in November.
Union membership is close to 90%.

Are out there still pilots willing to fly(work) for Kallita? I thought just mentioning that name will make everybody running like hell?

THe pilot group has given up so much in the last year the even the hint of talks with Connie would cause a shut down on the spot.

Again let me state.....
Connie is no where to be seen.

Kitty Hawk as a company is doing well. The Fort Wayne hub (which was Connie's creation) is state of the art. It's a pity that this rising tide has only served to try and drown the pilots.

I honestly do not know what will happen in the near future with regards to the direction the company will take.

I wish I had a 7/11. Now I wouldn't be stressed by this economy. If you make reference to my flying experience in brooms etcaetera(which is the latin long form for etc) I remember that somewhere is mentioned a total of 3500 hours. That was 10 years ago when I stopped logging. In fact 3500 hrs should be enough infos. What kind of planes? All kind of fixed wings including the ones you have listed(typed too). No choppers. I am scared of choppers. I am phobic vis-a-vis them. All the respect to the ones flying them. Those guys are superhumans for me. Also furloughed from 121 and flying corporate when given the opportunity.
I believe that is enough personal and we should focus on topics.
By a way do you have some connections to a 7/11 for some job openings?

hey plm,

just curious if you know a particular mechanic and flight engineer for kitty hawk. both are outta PHX.... PM me if ya like. Thanks!

Latest resources

Back