Kitty Hawk Airways...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

MSNFlier

I am a long-time reader of flightinfo and rarely post. In my "day job" I am a counselor (of the robes and wigs kind), but I have been interested in aviation since I was a kid going to MSN to meet my Dad returning from his most recent North Central Airlines Convair flight from some long-off destination. Finally, in 1999, I earned my PPC but haven't managed to finish off my IR, despite now being a partner in a SR20. Great plane and I'll at least get the IR finished in 2006.

Anyway, I was on a trip through FWA today and while we were waiting to leave a procession of probably 10 to 15 KHA aircraft of various stripes including 727s, 737s (seemed like they were 300-500s - flattened lower engine inlets) and what I think was either an Airbus 310 or a 767 took off. Now, I was surprised to learn that FWA has a 12,000 ft-plus runway, but I never imagined it was such an apparently busy hub for KHA? Wasn't KHA in trouble a few years ago (or even more recently), and where are those planes likely going and carrying (generally)? I know there's a number of manufacturing facilities in FWA, but I would think much of that stuff is sent out by truck/rail. Can anyone take a few minutes to shed some light on KHA/FWA, etc?

So, thanks for your patience and in closing I want to say that I sincerely admire all of you who stick it out in the airline/aviation business. I cannot imagine how difficult it has to be to continue about your jobs with dedication as you watch mismanagement and other factors out of your control screw up your and your families' lives. I am sure it's very difficult for many of you, but you're doing what you love and, let's face it, you have the best view from your office anyone could ever imagine. I sometimes wish I had the guts to bag the law thing and join you all. Godspeed and Happy Holidays!

Last edited:
FWA is a sort point

Latest resources

Back