Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Loafman

Beer Consumption Entity
I acquired a partially completed Kitfox in an estate sale. Most of the big parts are together, and there are scores of boxes of little parts. I think theres a new Rotax 912 too. Are these difficult to build? What's it worth if I want to sell it?

Hey,
What model? Kitfox is no longer manufactured, price will depend on completeness of the kit, and optional items included. I built one in 1990 the kit cost 14.5K or thereabouts.
PBR

Kitfox is still being produced. Skystar Aircraft is gone. I think a husband/wife bought the rights and produce them now. Here is a link to the web site: http://www.kitfoxaircraft.com/

I was building a Model IV once, but I had to sell the project. Would still love to own one someday.

It looks like an earlier model, with the 36" cabin. It's on the gear with the wings mounted and folded. The horizontal stab is not mounted. It's been outside for the last few weeks, and some of the wooden false ribs are broken or missing. I've already found new ones to replace them. Everything is factory welded 4130 chrome-moly and powdercoated blue. There are numerous boxes of powedercoated parts, linkages, fuel tanks, a dynafocal motor mount, etc. There are wheels and hydraulic brakes installed. Ailerons need mounting and hinging. There are fiberglass wheel pants and droop tips, all new and unpainted. There is a supposedly new Rotax engine in the factory crate locked up somewhere, and I'm unable to determine the model until I pick it up. I did find new-in-package Rotax parts and radiators in the boxes, so it's either a 532/582/618/912. That obviously determines how much it's worth and how much I'll have in it when I pick it up. This could all happen next week. The plane is in Fort Worth, TX and is trailerable as is. I'll post more info and photos as soon as I have some. Even if it's a 532 powered Kitfox 1, it should be easy to complete and fun to fly. I'm still considering finishing it myself, but I'm just too busy to commit the time.

I acquired a partially completed Kitfox in an estate sale. Most of the big parts are together, and there are scores of boxes of little parts. I think theres a new Rotax 912 too. Are these difficult to build? What's it worth if I want to sell it?

Dude, It's worthless but I'll buy it from you for $100 for your troubles.
LOL
Actually I don't know much about the Kitfox except that there's a completion center down the street from where I work.

Latest resources

Back