• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Kit Darby's Struggling To Make Ends Meet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I cant beleave he is living with a woman he's not married to. What is this world coming to...? Those pilots!

Falcon Capt said:
If they can't live on his $150,000 plus whatever she is making (say $50,000) then they are idiots who are living way beyond their means...

Seeing as the average household income in the US is about $60k a year, I don't think the donatations are going to come flooding in for poor Kit...

This guy is living in his own world!

Thats is one of the biggest problems with our industry. Do you really think airline pilots should be making the US average income. Give me a break!! We should be getting paid what Kit was making prior to pay cuts with his kind of experience and longevity in the industry. Also he is not complaining about his situation only stating that he has had to completely revamp his lifestyle as many pilots have had to do. (Whether Regional or Major). We need to stop the bleeding, we are forcing our family's to suffer with us, selling our cars, homes etc. For most of us regional pilots it hasn't hit that point yet. Keep it up though, it will. I will be complaining just like Kit when AWAC goes down the tubes because someone at the other airlines thinks average is O.K.
Don't know if any of this makes sense, don't really care just stating my opinion. I for one sure feel for all of the major airline pilots and family's who have taken the huge hits. I am sure it has taken years off many of our lives...and for what???

Last edited:
snine3departure said:
Do you really think airline pilots should be making the US average income. Give me a break!!
Now exactly where did I say that??? What I was saying is Kit shouldn't expect the average American who reads the USA Today to feel bad for him because he is only making $150,000 a year, while that reader is sitting there making $60,000 a year... Read what I wrote, not what YOU THINK I meant...

Maybe someone can post a sticky and start a fund.

How many years?
He cannot pay his bills on 150k?
Is he commuting to work on a chartered helicopter?
With his big united pay before 9/11 and his side buisness, how in the world can he not have paid some things off by now?

Alimony maybe?

At least he was smart enough to not marry her--an ex-wife would be even harder to afford after the pay cut!

Speaking of, I wonder if anyone has ever gone back to a divorce court and successfully argued for lower alimony after such a large paycut or furlough?

The avg income in the U.S. is about half of what you've quoted. Its closer to $28k-$33k

Falcon Capt said:
If they can't live on his $150,000 plus whatever she is making (say $50,000) then they are idiots who are living way beyond their means...

Seeing as the average household income in the US is about $60k a year, I don't think the donatations are going to come flooding in for poor Kit...

This guy is living in his own world!

Latest resources

Back