• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Kingair Training

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Unacceptable to your FSDO....are you trying to find a place to contract with Part 135 training? We use Simcom for our sim training, our FSDO doesn't have a problem with it.

Ray

Our previous POI had no issue with this, but technically a Level 1-3 FTD cannot be used as credit towards flight training under a 135 Training Program. Its all listed in FAA Order 8400.

Recurrent Training Center

I attended RTC two times in the 90's. Very good course for the $$$. At that time they had one then two non-motion simulators. I’m not sure about how the training would be for a King Air. But it would be very good for instrument recurrence.

SimuFlite used to have a school that was run under Quick Turn. You have to ask for this course, as it is not advertised any longer. I never attended it but spoke to some of the guys when we were doing c-500 recurrent. Everyone seemed pleased.

Your insurance company might except a less expensive recurrent if you have a good factory approved initial school. You will have to negotiate that..IMHO

heres a question...

i was told theres a very limited number (fewer than 10) of companies who are authorized to do their own twin turbine transition without utilizing a schoolhouse as mentioned above. can anyone verify this?

also, i was talking to another FAA rep, and he seems to recall that theres a new change coming down in that one must hold an ATP before one can qualify for a twin turbine slot...anyone else hear this too?

...just curious :confused:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back