• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Bullitt

McQueen is THE MAN
Hi guys,

Sorry about yet another thread asking about salary but I did a search and couldn't really find as much info as I would like. I was wondering what a King Air B100 captain/Citation bravo co-pilot should make in the midwest. Trips are a mix of 135 and 91 with 50% of the King Air trips being single pilot. I think the schedule is mostly on call with a few hard days off a month. It's a small department with 2 jets and the King Air. I am typed and current in the bravo and I have time in King Airs (and -331s just not at the same time lol) if it makes any difference. Thanks for any info guys :)

Last edited:
Thanks Seven I appreciate your reply. It appears that my job would mainly be as captain on the King Air. The citation co-pilot stuff would be to fill in as needed. Would $40,000 still be appropriate as a part 135/91 King Air captain? Thanks again for your reply and I dig that avitar!

Thanks Seven I appreciate your reply. It appears that my job would mainly be as captain on the King Air. The citation co-pilot stuff would be to fill in as needed. Would $40,000 still be appropriate as a part 135/91 King Air captain? Thanks again for your reply and I dig that avitar!

$40,000 is a mid-range salary for a BE20 Captain in the midwest. I worked for 2 companies as a BE20 Captain and both paid around $40k a year with benefits. For a captain position, $34K would be the low-end and $55-$60K would probably be the high end.

Thanks again Seven. I just talked to the company DO and your numbers were right on the mark. 35K-40K first year with bennies. I appreciate the help!

yeah, id second that figure. You might be able to squeeze a bit more out of em since the king air u are doing will be single pilot.

Thanks for the reply Mavrck! I imagined it would be more like 45K to start but talking to you guys and some other people it sounds like I was waaaaay off.

You guys are always selling yourself's short. That's why so many employers laugh at pilots. (believe me they do) Let me tell you as a former employer that you guys are way off. If you are talking about ONLY far 135 position then you are probably only a bit low for the Midwest compensation. If you are talking about a 91 operation you are $20,000 low. We paid $65,100 to start on the B-100 part 91 for the captain. Why will you young pilots never learn to set your sites higher. I see this all the time. You will work for nothing so most employers offer nothing. LEARN TO SAY NO! Reason so much difference between the 91 and 135 pay? Usually the 135 driver is a younger guy starting out and the 91 pilot has been around long enough to know how to say "no! not for that little bit of money"!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back