King Air Maintenance Inspections

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

dhc8fo

Can someone enlighten me on King Air maintenance...

Aside from the overhaul and hot section at engine half-life (1750 hours, right?), there are four phase inspections at 200 hour intervals? But there is a time limit on those inspections as well?

And I have read about a 200 hour inspection and a 150 hour inspection. What are these all about? Different from phase inspections?

Also, are phase inspections performed PER engine or on both at the same time (so if you see a flat rate quoted, is that for ONE engine or both?)

Any place to read up on this stuff?

Thanks!

Last edited:
The progressive inspection phases must be completed within a one year period, ie, one phase, one quarter.

KING AIR MAINT.

Raytheon has a few different schedules. The one we have been operating under ther last 6 years is at least one phase every 200 hours, must have 4 phases complete within 24 months.

Flat rate inspection fee is for airframe and both engines. Hot section inpection time depends on the engine. A -21 is 1800 hrs, a -42 could be either 1500 or 1800. You can get a 100 hour extension letter from Pratt if needed.

I think it is the same for the 90/100/200. What type of King Air are you talking about?

Standard Inspection Program: 1 Phase Insepction due every 200 hours. All 4 Phase Inspections must be completed every 24 months.

Alternate Inspection Program (fly less than 400 hours/year): Phase 1-2 due in first 12 months, Phase 3-4 due in second 12 months. All phases due by 24 month mark. 200 hour time limit between inspections still applies.

Phase inspections include insepctions on both engines. There are also 200/400/600/800 Hour Lubcrication items. Not sure what the 150 hour inspection is. All time limits and inspection intervals can be found in Chapter 5 of the Maintenance Manual. If you don't have one and you are operating the aircraft I highly reccommend getting one from Raytheon.

Latest resources

Back