Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Learsforsale

Not my real hands
I am trying to get more involved in the King Air B200 market, but I am unable to find enough information on the required inspections and overhauls. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

-Someone mentioned to me that there was a 10,000 cycle inspection that requires subsequent 1000 cycle inspections. My question is does this exist, and how big of a deal is it (read: $$$)

-Over in Europe I have noticed that some operators list the TBO as 3600 hours, but over here in the States its listed as 3000 hours, what is the reason for this?

-What is the TBO for propellers? Is there a calender limitation or is it hourly, or both?

-This question if for a C90. There are several C90s that have 5000 hours or so SOH, and it looks like they have had multiple HSI. Is there a progressive inspection available, and can it be done for a 135 operation?

Like I said, and information would be greatly appreciated.

yes there is a 10000 cycle inspection. Here are some of the special inspections for 200's...........

fuel probe inspection - 2400 hrs or 30 month
main gear actuator clevis - 1000 cycle
edge light panels - 2000 hr or 4 yr
forward pressure bulkhead inspect - 2500 cycle
oxygen cylinder - either 3 or 5 year
most of what we refer to as 6 year items are either 6 year or 8000 cycles
air stair door and escape hatch 5000 cycle then every 1000

the 10000 cycle + 1000 stuff is:

windshield corner inspection
cabin door and fuselage frame
exterior skin inspection
aft fuselage and pressure bulkhead
fuselage frame and frame web inspect
stringers inspect
flight controls inspect

I don't have an actual inspection schedule handy but I can get my hands on it in a couple of days.

The 3000 vs 3600 hour TBO isn't a Euro thing. I think it is Pratt SB3360 that ups the TBO. This was incorporated into all the planes delivered after 1999 or 2000. If you don't have it you are the lower number. A lot of operators incorporate the SB at ohaul or hot section while the engine is apart. I seem to recall a figure of $75,000 per side.

Prop overhaul is either 5 year or 6 depending on prop brand. Don't know if there is an hour limit.

There is a progressive called the MORE program. you can run up to 8000 hours with trend monitoring and other checks. I'm not a fan of it. You can get more info with a google search on that. I can't imagine it being approved 135, but I've been wrong before.......many times.

Please don't take the above as gospel, I'm not a mechanic. I've been operating King Airs for about 15 years. Double check it. I'm sure an AP will be along to check my facts.

Hope that helps. Gotta go.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back