King Air 300 Type

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

sperfly

Is there such a thing as a King Air 300 that doesn't require a type rating other than the LW's out there. Some broker is trying to convince the boss that he has one at a great price that doesn't require the type. Just curious.

He probably has the 200, not the 300... Max T/O weight on 300 is 14,000 lbs. 350 is 15,000 lbs. Those 2 are the same type rating.

He probably has the 200, not the 300... Max T/O weight on 300 is 14,000 lbs. 350 is 15,000 lbs. Those 2 are the same type rating.

Yeah we are flying the 200 currently, and I told him that I was 99.9% sure that the 300 required the type and that it is good for the 350 and the 1900 I think but insisted the broker told him that the 300 in question has a MTOW of 12500. It all sounds fishy to me.

I heard once that there were some 300s that were for European registry that were certified at 12500 max gross for user fee reasons. Don't know how true it is though, and even if it is, I would be curious to see if they can be flown in U.S. without the type rating.

There are a few I mean very few 300'sLW out there but they don't require a type rating.

Sounds like the salesman is trying to unload an airplane that no one else wants - hence the "heck of a deal"

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back