• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

KHA...has the fat lady sung?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Heard a rumor Connie will buy KHA certificate.
Again and again a perfectly good example in how the harmony between bad management and a narrow minded group of pilots can end up.

I guess I shouldn't ask how it's the pilots' fault....

CountBat,
You've got to be joking! Why would the old man want that crappy Cert. The only thing he wants is the horse charter, which he will get!

The fat Lady sung a long time ago, they just thought she would lose the weight.

Like I said I strongly believe is just a rumor although someone working for Connie told me that. I asked why would Connie do something like that? The answer was something about a restricted number of airplanes on certificate and he needs more certificates. I don't know how that works and I was hopping to find out more here.

Like I said I strongly believe is just a rumor although someone working for Connie told me that. I asked why would Connie do something like that? The answer was something about a restricted number of airplanes on certificate and he needs more certificates. I don't know how that works and I was hopping to find out more here.

In a previous life, I worked for an airline where the FAA and DOT placed restrictions on future growth due to a number of reasons such as questionable financial solvency, poor recordkeeping and poor/inadequate management oversight in maintenance.

They were told once they could demostrate they had the suspect areas in control, they would let them add more planes to the certificate.

Not sure if it would really work to buy another certificate in that instance. If lack of or poor management is the problem, you would still need to have a whole new management team for the new certificate. Plus you need to prove financial fitness to the DOT when a certificate is sold.

Latest resources

Back