• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Key's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I loaned the Samo to someone who ran it out of oil (don't ask), and siezed the engine. Literally welded one cylinder. And melted one piston. It's sitting in a field presently, though I have a new overbored and oversized engine to put in as soon as I find the carb I want. People can say what they will, but I've been places that other people bog in and I ride over the top because it's so light. It's not so good on ice, however.

I once knew a girl whose parents bought her a new car and she seized the engine. Reason being that she didn't know cars needed oil changes or oil on a regular basis for that matter. Incredible.

That's pretty much what happened to mine. I found the oil pressure line detached and partially melted. I don't know that it pumped all the oil overboard, or if the engine got hot and then did that damage too. In any case, the person who borrowed it called me to tell me it had broken down in the desert on a highway. They thought it was overheating.

I grabbed some hoses, a few gallons of antifreeze, some oil just in case, tools, a fresh water pump, gasket, and thermostat, and headed out.

When I pulled up behind the samo, the back side was covered in oil. Not a good sign. Apparently the driver never glanced at the temperature or oil pressure...or checked the oil.

Thanks, Mom.

I have a 97 Jeep TJ Wrangler 4.0, and if I had to run offroad with something that could keep up it would be a Samurai. Everything else is just a poser. :p

If its like a 84 and prior or so Cessna they only made like 7 keys for them. (I had all of them at one point). Go to your flight school or mechanic get all the cessna keys try it out, one will probably fit exactly then take that key to wally world and get it copied.

Buy a new ignition switch. (probably not a bad thing anyhow) They do go bad occasionally especially if the starter is on the ignition switch. $$$$$ OR have it re-keyed. OR call a salvage yard and get another mag switch with the keys in it.

Latest resources

Back