• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Key lime

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ur...yep its a pft.....and if hes got the money...........spend it else where.....lots of FBO and instructors need the money:)

Very few animals will defecate where they lie, in their own beds.

Weather you pay the company to work there or not is hardly relevant; if you go to work there you never the less whore yourself out to an employer that vomits in your bed and cheapens the industry; you align yourself with that employer, you become the employer. You become part of the problem, sponsoring it, supporting it, taking in the paying SIC into your cockpit.

Leave the pathetic excuse that you need a job, at the door. You've flight instructed, so you've paid your dues, is that right?

You haven't a clue what it means to pay your dues. Nor is there any justification for taking a job with a firm filthy enough to charge people to work there, not in this industry, not in any industry.

You need money, you say. You can get more money almost anywhere. No. What you want is to obtain a flying job, and you're trying to justify it. You want to make the step up. Fine. Do it somewhere appropriate.

Walk away from it and find something legitimate.

Av bug.Whoa...doood...put the flamer away...I am not a 20 something pilot.....and time is not a friend at this point.......Avbug...I would not do PFT...and obviouly you ignored the last post.....Sooooooo.....whats the difference if I'm towing banners for 10 bucks an hour.....versus gaining flight time...in real 135 environ......and flying for 12 bucks an hour...(I dont know what KLA pays)....Not looking to piss any one off...just get info on making decisions...so Avbug.....have you werked for KLA?????

Like throwing gas on a fire, avbug has a subtle way about his words...but he has a point. Key lime is a PFT provider and by working for them, PFT or not, you support and condone the practice. There are plenty of good freight operators hiring right now, some in the DEN area. Star west come to mind right away. NO PFT and better pay. Go to Amflight, same thing. PM with your plans or whatever, I'll try to help you out. Anything to not support PFT. Also, they have a horrable accident record. In the last couple of years they've bent more metal than an auto wrecker. They have lost a number of pilots in those crashes. That alone should be a wake-up call to all pilots wanting to work there. Find a quality operator.

star west info

Navajo pilot flying a regular freight run in Colorado and Wyoming. competitive wages.
Star West Aviation
Star West is still looking for a full-time PA31 pilot to fly a regular freigt run out of Colorado Springs. Email apps to [email protected]

Last edited:
Vegas...thanks...I'm not saying I'm going there...just trying to get info....thanks for the Starwest link..I will continue looking:)

Don't eat the (Key Lime) pie

avbug said:
[Y]ou never the less whore yourself out to an employer that vomits in your bed and cheapens the industry; you align yourself with that employer, you become the employer. You become part of the problem, sponsoring it, supporting it, taking in the paying SIC into your cockpit.
In other words, people are known by the company they keep.

As others have posted above, there are other, legitimate employers. Besides, with your time (depending on your multi), you might have a crack at the regionals.

Try Ameriflight or AirPac or any other cargo carrier where you'll get REAL 135 experience as PIC. Places where you interview and receive your position due to knowledge and skills developed through training and hard work, not due to your ability to sign a check.

Your other alternative is a horrible way to start an aviation career, and it WILL come up some day, somewhere, in some interview...

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back