Key lime or pipeline

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Navaho, huh...

The first thing that I would look at is at what point in the flight an engine failure in the Navaho generates a NTSB file...

Perhaps you can point me to the NTSB reports with all of these navajo crashes that occur during takeoff. I honestly don't see it.

What I do see is the usual - several CFIT, fuel exhaustion, and a pretty bad mid-air.

what are pipe lines paying these days? you mentioned much better pay. Also, anyone know anyone flying patrol in Georgia or the Southeast?
Thanks.

I use to work for Keylime and the I made $45,000 my first year on the Metro and would've made about $50000 my second had I stayed a full year. Yes they do have their problems but the Turbine PIC and the Metro Type is highly respected.....The key to surviving their is simply keep your mouth shut and speak up when you absolutely must....They will listen to you....but if you constantly whine you won't get far...yes they will listen in dealing with maintenance, wx, and other safety issues...but I found showing up doing my job...and speaking up when I had to is the reason I survived three years there without violations or accidents. I can say I've never been forced to do anything...if there was a duty issue I spoke up situation was resolved...overweight issue same thing. Actually, talking to my buddy over there and when I left they only had 2 DHL runs...one out of GJT and BFF both are being taken away which isn't bad...gives them a surplus...the pay on APC is for working 4 full days...TUES-FRI and HALF SAT AND MON. You can make extra doing newspaper charters and other charters...that's how I made my extra.....FWIW....things have changed...I hope it helps

Freightcowboy

Avoid Keylime like the clap. Dangerous operation over there and a violation waiting to happen. DONT DO IT!!

Last edited:
Single pilot IFR, multi etc. gets my vote. Day VFR doesn't mean too much to me unless it's SE Alaska...but then again, I don't do the hiring around this joint.

Latest resources

Back