Key date for US/AA new hires question?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

igneousy2

What is the key date for new hires at US or AA with regards to SLI and at what point they are automatically under all the US and AA furloughs. Was it earlier this month when the LOA's were approved...was it this past Thursday when the merger was "announced", or is it a later date such as when the BK court approves, When the deal is actually done etc.

Also is there an estimate as to how many AA pilots that bypassed furlough/flow-through that will still have rights when all is done.

Thanks

It's called the "snapshot" date. They take a look at both lists at that point and work from there. This will happen once the POR (plan of reorganization) is approved by the bk judge. At the press conference, Dougie said sometime in the third qtr. My guess would be sometime in July..

What is the key date for new hires at US or AA with regards to SLI and at what point they are automatically under all the US and AA furloughs.

Thanks

this is the part i was referring to. No way will he have an answer by July. Sure that's the snapshot date but who knows what an arbitrator or merger committee will do with that info. AWA USAIRWAYS was 7 years ago and there is still no answer as to where the furloughees, third listers, etc are going to end up. Will it be NIC, DOH, a do over?

It's called the "snapshot" date. They take a look at both lists at that point and work from there. This will happen once the POR (plan of reorganization) is approved by the bk judge. At the press conference, Dougie said sometime in the third qtr. My guess would be sometime in July..

Thanks that's what I was looking for.

the snapshot for the DAL NWA merger was the date of the ANNOUNCEMENT. not the closing date of the merger

this is the part i was referring to. No way will he have an answer by July. Sure that's the snapshot date but who knows what an arbitrator or merger committee will do with that info. AWA USAIRWAYS was 7 years ago and there is still no answer as to where the furloughees, third listers, etc are going to end up. Will it be NIC, DOH, a do over?

Oh, it will be the Nic. Count on it.

the snapshot for the DAL NWA merger was the date of the ANNOUNCEMENT. not the closing date of the merger

For AWA/USAir it was taken two months after the announcement. I suppose it's determined by the unions mutual agreement..

Latest resources

Back