Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Abernathy

Truthiness
Anyone know this history? Thought it was an interesting article, considering how many pilots I fly with are Romney fans.

http://www.aflcio.org/Blog/Corporat...Bain-Capital-Linked-to-Union-Suppression-Case

Key quotes from the article that were quoted from two other sources:

Financial Times reports:

Key Airlines, an early investment for the private equity firm founded by a young Mitt Romney and two associates, broke the law by attempting to coerce and then dismiss two pilots who tried to organize a union. Two months after a union vote failed, Bain agreed to sell Key Airlines at a large profit in 1986.

(and)

In 1992, Roger Foley, federal judge for the District of Nevada, wrote:

The anti-union activities in this case are not merely unfair labor practices as Key argues, but blatant, grievous, willful, deliberate and repeated violations of the Railway Labor Act.

With the condition AA is in, my guess is the NMB would look very different under Romney.

Romney takes pride in dismantling companies and is no friend of unions (for all you pro-union types who despise Obama).

Romney takes pride in dismantling companies and is no friend of unions (for all you pro-union types who despise Obama).

You really think obama is pro-union? How about his ex chief-of-staff, good friend rom, trying to take the chicago teachers to court to force them to end the strike? Yeah, he's reeeaaaallllll pro-union.

I work with an ex-Key guy. He recently told me and I am summarizing here, that the Romney bunch bought the place turned it around made it profitable and sold it. Can't remember who it was sold to but it went down hill again after the sale.

In about 1991-1992 it was sold to my wife's boss and some of his business associates. The HQ was moved to SAV. It didn't last long.

cliff
HHN

I work with an ex-Key guy. He recently told me and I am summarizing here, that the Romney bunch bought the place turned it around made it profitable and sold it. Can't remember who it was sold to but it went down hill again after the sale.

Yea managment can never do anything right, only unions have the keys to growing and sustaining a profitable operation.

Yea managment can never do anything right, only unions have the keys to growing and sustaining a profitable operation.

"Summarizing" is right.

Sure, profitable..... to the INVESTORS. The employees bore the brunt of the collateral damage.

Dont you know how these entities swoop in and work? They buy cut and sell at a profit. Please dont stick up for this kind of top-heavy management crap.. oh wait... YIP HIMSELF is a MANAGEMENT SHILL..... nevamind.

go read this YIP:

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2012/09/1985-romney-bain-harvest-firms-profits-video

You really think obama is pro-union? How about his ex chief-of-staff, good friend rom, trying to take the chicago teachers to court to force them to end the strike? Yeah, he's reeeaaaallllll pro-union.

Are you that daft to think Romney is more a friend of labor than Obama? :laugh:

and WHAT does Rahm ( so uneducated/ignorant, you cant even get his name right?) have to do with anything?

Are all of you so narrow minded to think that any President or presidential candidate cares about your little world?

It is politics baby!!! If you are left leaning you vote for the D...If you are right leaning you vote for the R...If you are undecided....you are a moron!!!

Yeah it's a darn shame about the current Republican administration presiding over the AA bankruptcy, what with the tossing of the contract and all. Those Republicans are no friend of unions.

Oh wait.

Latest resources

Back