Key Air Oxford, CT.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Hawker800

Has alot of adds on Bizjetjobs. Anyone know anything about them? Are pilots home based and other such stuff?
Thanks.

Pretty much a bottom feeder operation. Pay, benefits and QOL considered to be below industry average. If you're hired into the Hawker fleet it's a dead end job. Keep looking at other oportunities... unless you're absolutly desparate. One year $24,000 training contract required for the Hawker and I've been told it's greater for the Gulfstream.

If hired into the Hawkers, is there much chance of international flying? Any idea what salary the Hawker people start with?

Thanks.

That sounds much more in line with the market. Thanks for the new info.. Sounds like a good company from the research I've done so far.

Try this on for size...

Hawker f/o $52K, c/o $72K
HSA/High Deductable insurance
401K, 5 yr. vest $.50/1.00 of 1st. 5% (2.5% match)
Good equiptment, mx., employees
FAA min. days off 13/qtr. scheduled, more given but not scheduled in advance.
Bigger planes in hanger, just don't plan on moving up, they seem slow to progress from within.

Well, Winged Sig--good equipment, maintenance, and employees sounds WONDERFUL to me. That doesn't necessarily seem to be the norm in most aviation concerns of any type these days. Flying with good folks in a decent (not necessarily flashy) airplane which doesn't have continual and minimally corrected (by an apathetic maintenance department) systems malfunctions goes a very long way with me. It even trumps a slightly lower pay scale. As someone on this board mentioned, who gets into professional flying to make a fortune, anyway? I surely didn't. Besides, I have a completely irrational affection for Hawkers after having flown them for a while. My personal favorite was the 700 that had reversers--they didn't make a lot of those--bow-wow--but the one I flew was an old, well-cared-for girl. To paraphrase Dirty Harry, a pilot's got to know her limitations.

Last edited:
I heard they are getting 10 more planes. I have been hearing mixed reviews from this board about this place.

Does anyone actually work there that can tell me what its like?

Latest resources

Back