Kerry's an Aitran Fan....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FracCapt said:
TIX....as in Tyco? I never would have imagined him going into there....was he doing something at the Cape? If he was in Tyco(assuming I'm thinking of the right place, that is), then there's probably a good reason he wasn't in a 757...the runway is not stressed for anything that large. IIRC, the limit is like 175k.

Titusville, I would be worried about the runway stressing the plane. That runway expansion feels like a field of speedbumps.

Bush's 757 was provided by North American? I found the company a while back, they are a charter service. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Just from watching "Journeys with George", I believe that Bush started off on a 737 during the primaries, then when he secured the nomination switched to the 757. I saw it when I was in college, he came twice. Clinton also came the preceding summer, but I wasn't able to go out to the airport and see what he flew in on. I'm pretty sure it was the VC-25, though. I did get to see Clinton as he drove by while I was on my way back from class. It's funny, I very much dislike Clinton, but there I was waiving and grinning like a retard. Funny how that works....

P.S. Bill Clinton has an ENORMOUS head, and I'm not just saying that, he really has a very large head. It took up almost the entire window of the Limo. :eek:

Wasn't a 757-200 Bush's campaign aircraft? Wonder if it's the same aircraft? After all there can't be too many 757's in an executive configuration.

It wasn't in executive configuration. I worked ramp in Manchester, NH in the summer and fall of 2000 when he came in. We had to go inside the airplane to help empty garbage and clean up. Regular first/coach configuration with the exception of some of the first few rows of coach were turned around in a club arrangement.

The funniest thing was in the back, where the staffers and media were. Each row of three began to look like someones desk. There were family pictures pasted up on the cabin walls, memos pinned to the backs of seats, stacks of papers piled up on the tray tables.

I do believe it was operated by North American, but not entirely sure.

Also got to work Air Force 2 when Al Gore came in. The military will not let anyone but AF personel work AF1, but will allow regular rampers to work AF2 under supervision. It was kind of cool. Had to go through a security and protocall briefing and stuff.

One of aircraft carrying the majority of the media contingent was a Pan Am (the latest version of them) 727. Can't remember which candidate they were with though.

you are correct sir KTIX

FracCapt said:
TIX....as in Tyco? I never would have imagined him going into there....was he doing something at the Cape? If he was in Tyco(assuming I'm thinking of the right place, that is), then there's probably a good reason he wasn't in a 757...the runway is not stressed for anything that large. IIRC, the limit is like 175k.
Your right on the mark dude...., Now called Space Center executive Airport. When Eastern flew the 72's here they were the -100 series and lightly loaded as I recall, I was young then...but my old buddy was one of their captains at the time...

I know we (AirTran) do charters for the Press Corps. I haven't heard anything specific about the Kerry campaign.

Bush had chartered some with Miami Air during the Republican primary (1999), a 727. I think he changed to a larger aircraft after he secured the nomination.

Ty Webb said:
I know we (AirTran) do charters for the Press Corps. I haven't heard anything specific about the Kerry campaign.

Bush had chartered some with Miami Air during the Republican primary (1999), a 727. I think he changed to a larger aircraft after he secured the nomination.
Like I said, it was the Campaign group that got on the 717, maybe Kerry went out on one of the Gulfstreams that went out earlier, they all turned towards the south after T/O.....I normally would not have even mentioned this other than it was nice to see somthing bigger fly out of KTIX, thank the usual GA stuff..

Hey Ty, shoot me a private message sometime if you can....thanks...

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back