Kerry's an Aitran Fan....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

rvsm410

Guess Airtran is doing well, just saw the Kerry Campaign leave out of KTIX on one of their 717's Neat to once again see a commercial aircraft take off out of this airport. Back in the 70's it use to be an Eastern stop with a little terminal...its still there...
And yes I leave close by, here on my off days, I cut my aviation teeth at this airport....

chawbein said:
I thought he flew around on a 757?

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/5059360/

Well if you aren't in the media or part of Kerry's 20 or so inner circle members you would be riding in Sardine class within the 717.

The plane has two conference tables, eight phone lines, a copy machine, a printer and a standup bar for socializing. It has sections for campaign staff, the media and Secret Service. Each of its 94 seats has a power outlet for laptops, cell phones and other electronic devices.

Some 72 seats are reserved for the media.

I know that the media also uses AirTran 717's when following the President around.

mattpilot said:
wasn't kerry critizised some time ago for flying around in an airbus?

Don't remember. Though I doubt any candidate that wants to win Washington would fly in an Airbus.

Wasn't a 757-200 Bush's campaign aircraft? Wonder if it's the same aircraft? After all there can't be too many 757's in an executive configuration.

Kerry and media at TIX

I did say "campaign" I was at my house about 3 miles away, I did not see a 757 leave today, that would indeed be a rare occurance and one that I would have heard about for sure. Still neat to see any commercial flights fly out of here....

Since he was just here for a few hours today, maybe he is meeting up with the 75 somewhere else before his return to BOS on Wednesday...I thought I read somewhere here that he was flying on a TMA 757 charter???

TIX....as in Tyco? I never would have imagined him going into there....was he doing something at the Cape? If he was in Tyco(assuming I'm thinking of the right place, that is), then there's probably a good reason he wasn't in a 757...the runway is not stressed for anything that large. IIRC, the limit is like 175k.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back