• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

Kenmore Air, Kbfi

wolfpackpilot

Diehard Republican
Total Time
7000+
Anyone with inside, solid information on this outfit?

How much float plane time is needed to get on?

What other experience are they looking for?

Age group and makeup of the pilots?

Can you fly the Caravans and the float planes?

$$/schedules?

Thanks for any information you can give.

100-1/2

OVER-N-DUN!
Total Time
lifer
Cold molasses moves faster than pilot attrition in Kirkland. Instructors and line guys with hundreds/thousands of hours on floats are still holding out for a job. Good company, pay and schedule. Unless you got family/friends with pull, your chances are better with Independence Air.

They did start a land operation recently between the San Juans and Seattle. Limited routes, aircraft and high prices combined with small scope of service will make it tough to fill the void left by Harbor Airlines in 2000.

Good luck,
100-1/2

imacdog

Total Time
Kenmore might have recently taken all of the Caravan flying to the Juans and PA (replacing Horizon), but those planes have been doing those runs for a while for San Juan Airlines. Those runs have established a base of customers who are more concerned with convenience than the price of a ticket.

Launchpad

Total Time
1 hour
yes, you can fly the wheelplanes and floatplanes... That's what I do.

Launchpad-

wolfpackpilot

Diehard Republican
Total Time
7000+
Do they shy away from Corporate pilots who just want out of the rat race BS? You know, sell everything, raise the kids on a boat, and drive a Subaru over to the airport?

Yes Im being serious.....

CGPILOT

Total Time
For what it is worth, here is my passenger status opinion:
They have been flying out to Port Angeles, WA (KCLM) back and forth from Boeing with their Caravans. They also have a run to Friday Harbor from Boeing with the Caravan. The aircraft look to be in good shape with radar, GPS and auto pilot. The pilots I have talked to seem to enjoy it and some have taken the job to avoid the rat race. It seems like a decent retirement job to me. The ticket prices ($29-59/one way) are reasonable when you consider it take two hours to drive to Seattle and then add on the cost of parking.

Launchpad

Total Time
1 hour
If you have the float time, they will take you in the summer regardless of what your doing. The Seaplane staffing goes from 10 pilots in the winter to 60 in the summer. A lot of part timers come out of the woodwork for the summer season. I think part time Beaver guys make about $43 an hour.

Launchpad-

Otterjock

Total Time
8000+
[If you have the float time]

What is the float time requirement for a summer part time position at Kenmore?

Otterjock

Launchpad

Total Time
1 hour
I'm not really sure about the min float time, I had nearly 2000 so it never came up. I'd guess around 500 in order for insurance, but that is just a guess. Give them a call, they will tell you!

Later-

SNAFU22

Total Time
2500+
Anyone know Glenn Kramer. I knew him as a FE on P-3's in the Navy. I left Seattle in 96. Glenn worked for Kenmore as a ramp guy, maybe went on to fly.