• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Kelly quote

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
According to the SWAPA twitter feed, as of 1847 Eastern, the deal is dead. This was all a nice academic exercise though.

"General Lee you are an ATA dude aren't you? At least WN if offering these guys slots. Don't let your anger at what happened to you cause people to lose profitable careers, they have families to think about."

Go F yourself. I'm an ATA guy. Your union is part of the reason ATA and SWA didn't merge. Instead John D dismantled a company piece by piece. Thanks however, I stopped flying after that and make more money than your captains. If someone asks hey wanna do a trip on your YACHT for Labor day I don't have to wait and see how the bid works out. F9 stand your ground.

Why then are YOU on this pilot board then mr. big bucks??????

Please re-read post #1. Genreal Lee, instructordude, fujiwhatever, and everybody else please listen: As a group SW pilots wanted what was best for our careers, just like every other tool reading this. We were ready to welcome a highly regarded and respected group of fellow pilots, albeit with conditions, into our ranks. Some of you SW haters don't understand and can't appreciate the fact that we have a postive realtionship with our co-workers that is fostered and encouraged by our leadership.
SW isn't perfect, but we are proud of our history. The culture has been created, fostered, re-inforced in all of us and it continues on a regular basis. GK and his staff have said publicly that our culture was far more important to the bottom line than this deal and he stuck to his word. (post #1)

I'm sorry some of you hate those of us that are happy to be at Southwest. We have pride. Everyone here gave up a captain seat elsewhere, a loss in pay initially, and endured the bottom of the seniority list. It isn't unreasonable to be protective, or even defensive, but at the end of the day, I'm sorry for the Frontier guys because you have missed out on a rewarding flying job.

When I started this thread with GK's public statement, I KNEW he would stick to it. I didn't know how many armchair lawyers were on FI with all the AM/MB/federal law rhetoric, but you guys just don't trust your leaders, and we do.

"Why then are YOU on this pilot board then mr. big bucks?????? "

Because I have friends at F9 and SWA. I got a message to check out the board and see what's going on.

Latest resources

Back