Keeping hotel points

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Talian

I haven't seen anything on this topic and was wondering that with all the nights you guys spend in hotels do you get to keep points earned for stays. Such as Marriot Rewards, Holiday Inn Priority Club etc... Just curious because my wife travels with DHL and is at the highest level in almost all major hotel chains which works out nice for vacations. I know some companies make you give them back to them.

I ask at most hotels if I can add the points to my account and most of them respond with "No, sorry. Not with your company paying for the room."

I ask at most hotels if I can add the points to my account and most of them respond with "No, sorry. Not with your company paying for the room."

That was the case when I flew at a regional. The company not only pays for the room but they typically negotiated low enough rates that the hotels wouldn't have awarded points anyways.

With the kind of relationship Mesaba maintains with their contracted hotels, we're lucky we don't get spit on by the front desk when we check in. We do get the equivalent level of service, however, and we always get put in the "special" rooms.

NO POINTS FOR YOU!

From HHonors terms and conditions:

"No point or stay credit, airline frequent flyer mileage credit or credit toward tier status will be awarded for wholesale/tour operator packages, contracted airline crew rates, travel industry rates (including but not limited to travel agent discount rates), complimentary or barter rooms..."

There are occasional hotels that will, but by and large the Holiday inn is the only one that gives me points with an regularity (still under 50%)

I remember back at my ACA days there were a few CA's that were able to finagle the CSR to give them the points. It wasnt everytime, but it it happens. Be polite, have a sense of humor and some will try and work with ya.

FYI for anyone considering Fractional/Corporate flying. Not only do we keep our points we are treated as high class buisnessmen.
Free breakfast, drink coupons, club lounge and all inclusive packages outside the U.S.
These types of accomadations make 7 days feel shorter than the best 4 day at my regional job.

FYI for anyone considering Fractional/Corporate flying. Not only do we keep our points we are treated as high class buisnessmen.
Free breakfast, drink coupons, club lounge and all inclusive packages outside the U.S.
These types of accomadations make 7 days feel shorter than the best 4 day at my regional job.

Very true, plus I received my 46in LCD about a month ago-courtesy of Marriott.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back