• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

KCM Policy

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You've never had a trip begin with a one leg deadhead? Commuters don't need to get to work or get home? You don't need to make your flight when you go to training?

Really? Jane and joe is a good reason? I'm sure they'll get over it when they see the badge. That's just for cutting, the badge gets you to the crew line and once that far I usually just take my place anyway. My bigger issue is having to comply with all the liquids and shoe nonsense after they see a badge because I'm not wearing my $22 cheap white shirt with epaulettes. There are a 1/2 dozen reasons I travel for SWA legitimately and throw on the uniform just to placate the TSA

<soapbox>^^^^^:)

I wonder if the Stews will ever thank us? (sarcasm inserted)
What's the odds on one of them sheeples screwing this up for all?

I wonder if the Stews will ever thank us? (sarcasm inserted)
What's the odds on one of them sheeples screwing this up for all?

You know, my cousin is one and I think about this too..
Way too many with prescription drug habits and too little invested in the career to have them ALL keep it together

A decade? The "security" eyewash show starring flight crews has been going for almost 3 decades.........

I don't mind going through regular security. It's this idea that I should have different security procedures in place because I'm wearing a uniform that's asinine. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that particular part started with the TSA and was ratcheted up with the liquids.

I don't mind going through regular security. It's this idea that I should have different security procedures in place because I'm wearing a uniform that's asinine.

I'm not sure what you're getting at....

You have issues with the asinine way that asinine procedures are being implemented? The logic of screening the only employees on the airport that don't need a weapon to "take over the airplane" is asinine. The uniform/no uniform, liquid/no liquid BS is just icing on that cake. Zero logic behind it.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that particular part started with the TSA and was ratcheted up with the liquids.

I couldn't tell you, since I've been screened as a passenger maybe half a dozen times in 11 years.

Since the entire idea of screening flight crews as passengers (while letting the "trusted employees" waltz in the back door) trips my logic CB, I don't pay attention to what's going on in The Greatest Security Show on Earth.

The logic of screening the only employees on the airport that don't need a weapon to "take over the airplane" is asinine.

Supposedly, a Government official once admitted in a private conversation: "We know that uniformed crew members with an ID pose no security threat, but we found that visibly screening them has a beneficial effect on passenger compliance with the program."

Latest resources

Back