KCLE express jet schedules?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Bankangle

What is the typical schedule out of cle?

Sorry to be asking so many questions but I did the regional thing 8years ago and I am thinking about going back for a schedule until I get a degree...so I am evaluating if I can be able to swing it.. thanks for the replies

reserves have 11-12 days off- 2 hour call out
lines start at 12 days off for junior up to 17 days off for the senior peeps.

It seems like a lot a 4 day trips and fewer 3-2-1s there are a few day trip and 2 lines out there... standard airline stuff.

If you get hired today expect a long time on reserve though, The seniority list is going to come to a grinding halt pretty soon

Each of the bases has a pretty good mix of flying through the other 2 hubs. It's not uncommon to see Mexico flying on CLE pairings or for IAH crews to do LGA turns. The longer your trip the more likely you'll be flying out of the other hubs via through flights.

flatspin7 said:
reserves have 11-12 days off- 2 hour call out
lines start at 12 days off for junior up to 17 days off for the senior peeps.

It seems like a lot a 4 day trips and fewer 3-2-1s there are a few day trip and 2 lines out there... standard airline stuff.

If you get hired today expect a long time on reserve though, The seniority list is going to come to a grinding halt pretty soon

Is that company wide or just in CLE?:confused:

Author:BluDevAv8r

79 of the eligible 113 chose to go to CAL. About 1/2 to 2/3 of them are in training now and the balance start in early May. Then we have another group of pilots, who were hired 2 1/2 years ago as part of a preferential interview process offered by CAL management. 236 pilots passed that process and the first should go over in late May or early June. It is unclear at this time at what ratio they will fit with the 100 or so eligible ATA guys and any off the street new hires. XJT ALPA is still meeting with CAL ALPA and CAL management on this subject.

79 of the eligible 113 chose to go to CAL. About 1/2 to 2/3 of them are in training now and the balance start in early May. Then we have another group of pilots, who were hired 2 1/2 years ago as part of a preferential interview process offered by CAL management. 236 pilots passed that process and the first should go over in late May or early June. It is unclear at this time at what ratio they will fit with the 100 or so eligible ATA guys and any off the street new hires. XJT ALPA is still meeting with CAL ALPA and CAL management on this subject.

This has been cut and pasted from a different thread on the "majors" side. CAL is hiring but has not stated how and when pilots from XJT will be granted interviews and those already hired, class dates. Thus the slown down of movement in the list.

As someone who has given consideration to coming to Express Jet, what should I expect in terms of the following:

How long are new hires sitting reserve? CLE? EWR? HOU?

Realistically, how long should we be prepared to wait for an upgrade? 4 years? 6 years? Is it turning into Eagle upgrade times?

Are crashpads readily available at the three bases?

What is the future for Express Jet? More aircraft? More bases? More or less flying for CAL?

Will hiring continue indefinitely for now, or come to a screeching halt, leaving myself and others sitting at the bottom of a stagnant seniority list?

Thanks for the info.

Bankangle said:
What is the typical schedule out of cle?

Sorry to be asking so many questions but I did the regional thing 8years ago and I am thinking about going back for a schedule until I get a degree...so I am evaluating if I can be able to swing it.. thanks for the replies

By your time shown I think you are over qualified. Now if you had 500Hrs and were a Riddle dork, we'll welcome aboard!

beechcowboy said:
How long are new hires sitting reserve? CLE? EWR? HOU?

Unfortunately answering this question will do nothing to outline a new hires future here. The way things are now won't be how someone being hired in the next 6 months will have it. So to say that pilots are sitting reserve for only 3 months means nothing.

beechcowboy said:
Realistically, how long should we be prepared to wait for an upgrade? 4 years? 6 years? Is it turning into Eagle upgrade times?

No one knows. In the last month or 2 we've seen the upgrade projection go from less than 2 years to ??? years. No one knows what our future movement will be so can't be a reasonable guess for upgrade times for new hires. Eagle upgrade times? Wouldn't suprise many people here. Of course all of this could change overnight again.

beechcowboy said:
Are crashpads readily available at the three bases?

Never commuted myself but I would say yes.

beechcowboy said:
What is the future for Express Jet? More aircraft? More bases? More or less flying for CAL?

Again, no one knows. A year from now a lot of those questions will need to be answered as we start to renegotiate the CPA with CAL and we take our last CAL jet. We're capped at 274 jets to fly for CAL and we just passed the 250 mark (I believe).

beechcowboy said:
Will hiring continue indefinitely for now, or come to a screeching halt, leaving myself and others sitting at the bottom of a stagnant seniority list?

Hiring might still be continuing but new hire classes have been stopped for 2 months. They want a slowdown until they know what CAL wants. Word is that they'll only be taking 8 pilots a month. That, plus normal attrition, will leave only the slowest of upward movement on our seniority list. We're closing in on 3000 pilots so to have only 10-15 pilots leave a month is almost unnoticeable for those at the tail end.

Again, as a disclaimer, this is how the picture looks right now, it's rather fluid and can/will change every few months.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back