KC135 Pilot Positions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CMRaviator

Has anyone heard of any AD units looking for currently qual'd KC135 pilots for short tours? Flying is non existent on the home front here in the Guard/Reserve side. Thanks!

Flying is non existant???? What unit? I am guessing yall are running into the same problem many wings are - lack of flying hour $$$? I work as a reservist at AFSOC and we buy Bus Eff Tankers EVERY week!!!

Ok. After the last TII crash in Albania AFSOC had a large "training" conference - basically a "come to Jesus" talk amongst Ips, INs, etc.
They set out to determine why there were so many accidents....whether it was training, ops tempo, the way AFSOC does business, etc. Out of that conference came some adjustments to the way the crews train AND...experience level was highlighted. In the past few years AFSOC was populated by 50% experienced folks and 50% Lts.
(My numbers aren't perfect - just a guestimate) In the past it was 70-80% experienced folks and the rest - newbies. They decided that experience was causal. They are getting away from letting new folks into AFSOC again - there WILL be slots, but not many...like when I got in.
AFSOC trains to a higher standard (or lower, on the altimeter) than anyone else. The regs and aircraft allow the crews to do things no slick crew can do - yes the low levels are almost the same wiht the MCPs, HCs and slicks, but slicks don't land on a blacked out RWY with no marking and no CCT party....AFSOC does that to drop the CCT team off FOR the slicks. Anyway my point is - the slots are gone from UPT and they will be given to slick guys who are senior CPs or ACs..and once the fog clears, 2lts from UPT will start getting SOME slots.
I'm not AFSOC training - but I work at the wing and got this from many friends who are ADOs, Chiefs of shops, EPs, etc.
There ya go.

Latest resources

Back