Kblm

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

hawkerflyer

What is the deal with late night arrivals into Belmar ? Air Nav shows a phone number for after-hours operations but it's the local FBO who says the owner has to be contacted for permission to land at night. Anyone have to deal with this ?

The old owner is notoriuos for being "a challenging individual" to work with. I fly out of there a lot and if I can't get back by 9PM, I have to go land elsewhere and get a rental car to get home. The runway lights go out at 9pm and they don't go back on until 6am. The owner will not provide after hours airport lighting anymore as he lives next to the runway and probably goes to bed at 9. I don't recommend landing there at night with no lights, the black hole approach is sketchy at best... I recommend KMJX Toms River as an alternative to KBLM. Last year the lights were kept on until 11pm from Memorial to Labor day, may be worth checking out. Good Luck.

BLM is high atop my list of airports to never visit again. Whatta dump!

didn't Tony Soprano buy his Summer House on the shore near there....could explain the elevated taxiways...hmm

That airport has been on my "never operate into" list for probably 20 years. I recall an event many years ago when we had a pickup there, and a couple of minutes prior to landing our G-3 there were told we couldn't touch down as the local constables had a couple of cars on the runway in order to synch their speedometers!!! I kid you not. How typical Jersey is that?

Latest resources

Back