• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Katrina update

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What the hell is wrong with these hood rats? There is acceptable behavior and there is unacceptable behavior...even in the face of this staggering natural disaster.

The poorest are left behind...and that is often where we find the worst behavior. But this is still not an excuse. Can I ensure that my donations and tax dollars are not spent on those that are a drain on society?

so is it too early to compare this storm to hurricanes camille, andrew, and other HUGE storms? i guess that since so many areas are still flooded it's hard to assess the costs and total damage. any ideas, though, based on winds and amt. of rain, where katrina stands? i heard somehwere like the 4th strongest ever to hit the mississippi coast.

The governor of Mississippi said the damage was more extensive, and over a wider area, than Camille. He also said, that his term was up in 2.5 years, and reconstruction will still be going on then. That's in Miss. In LA, who knows. It may be that NO is not rebuildable.

TonyC said:
Contrast that with what Governor Haley Barbour of Mississippi had to say about looters:

I found the contrast between the two govenors to be quite striking.

Nu

The power of God's nature is humbling beyond all comprehesion to us all. While it is easy to blame those that stayed behind, I stayed behind during Andrew. First it was not predictable, secondly I had never experienced one or seen the damage that it could do.

We can blame people all we want. Do you think that Christ would walk the streets blaming the people for their ignorance in not leaving. What about the children and infirmed, the seniors without mobility.

There was a pilot here yesterday from Baton Rouge who said he had no sympathy for any of them, they knew this could happen. His lack of compassion made me sick for those who had no jet to leave on. What about all those who did leave. They are suffering and have nothing to go back to. No jobs, no homes, no many things.

We all make decisions every day, some good ones and some bad ones. Often times these decisions effect others. We should walk the road of compassion without judging what category one falls into.

Latest resources

Back