Katrina Aftermath....It's Bad......

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
viper548 said:
I completely agree with that. Unless you're using weapons illegally, I think you should be able to have whatever you want. I have a .50 cal revolver myself. I bought it because at the time there was talk of banning it (like anyone is gonna take this thing to rob a liquor store)
Uhhhh, it was a correlation, not a pro second amendment rant.

Anybody that accidentally made the mistake of putting banned features on a post ban rife and were caught, prosecuted and sent to prison for the federal crime...are still in prison now as we speak. However, since the ban is gone, we can now put the previously banned features on the rifles without a care in the world.

The correlation is this...not every person is in prison for rape or burglary and not only that, but people are in prison for crimes that are not even crimes anymore. Think about it...the relevant portions of the 1994 Violent Crimes and Law Enforcement Act are gone. Bush let them sunset...but there is no "amnesty" program. Anyone busted for violating that ACT is probably still in prison. Meanwhile, I get to thread my barrel and put a flash hider on it...coool.

FN FAL, I agree they need to re-evaluate why some people are locked up. The people locked up in your example is a strain on the system and their cells could be used to lock up more serious criminals. I could care less about people putting banned crap on their guns. That doesn't affect anyone. I'm concerend about the violent crimes and people that keep their hands off other people's stuff. Where I live, there is a big car theft problem. I get pulled over for having tint on my front windows while dozens of cars are stolen every month from shopping centers.

viper548 said:
Where I live, there is a big car theft problem. I get pulled over for having tint on my front windows while dozens of cars are stolen every month from shopping centers.
At least the police are there to take the theft report...that's a good thing.

They take the theft report and tell you that there are a lot of chop shops in the area and it's unlikely your vehicle will be recovered.

Russia pledged help.

Also...the Army Engineers tried to plug one levee break which giant sandbags, and failed.

Water is expected to rise several more feet.

Oddly enough, President Chavez of Venezuela also offered help, including fuel. Cavuto needs to keep his mouth shut right now, there's too much going on for that kind of BS.

I love being an American... In America we have these freaks all over the US violating children and Martha Stuart gets more time in the pen. These are 3 and 4 time offenders and they basically walk b/c of contaminated evidence or like that guy in Florida who did not have his Miranda rights read to him. Never mind these kids deal with this ... for the rest of their life. It is Crazy... By they way anyone ever thought of flying border patrol in a SuperCub, Now I would like that job. I would feel great satisfaction in that job. And maybe I can borrow Viper's .50 cal for a couple of months.

My only question is, who flys the first leg and who mans the .50?

sign me up, I could be the first minute men ace.

Aid Pledged from Mexico....

I read an article on-line that Mexico & another country has pedged help. I'll see if I can find the link.

MDAutry said:
. By they way anyone ever thought of flying border patrol in a SuperCub, Now I would like that job. I would feel great satisfaction in that job. And maybe I can borrow Viper's .50 cal for a couple of months.

Just clean it before you bring it back. It's got a lot of kick and the ammo is expensive though.

Latest resources

Back