• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Kansas City Area

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Are you looking for 135 jobs or corporate?

I know of a few 135 ops there at MKC: Central Air Southwest (Commanders), Flight Express (210s, some Barons) and Safe Wings (Lances, Aztecs). I've had a lot of friends go thru Central Air and seemed to like it alright. Pay's lousy when you start from what I hear. Look around the Cargo section of the forum because there was a lot of info on CAS and FltExp. Looking at your time I doubt this is what you're looking for. I heard of a PC-12 job around KC a while back; think it was 135.

KC is a nice place, but it's locked up pretty tight. There is a CL60 operator on the field that does charter, stay away unless you are wanting to buy snake oil. Most of the other jet operators are on the up and up and they are part 91.

757BBJ_Capt said:
KC is a nice place, but it's locked up pretty tight. There is a CL60 operator on the field that does charter, stay away unless you are wanting to buy snake oil. Most of the other jet operators are on the up and up and they are part 91.
Are there any part 91 jet operators looking for help. Part time or full time?

I do not know of anyone looking right now, but that's not to say it isn't so. I do not live there, but I know a little bit about it. LIke mentioned earlier, it's tough to get in there, as so many of the pilots have been on the field for so long they all know each other. It's small too. Not a lot of operators there. American Century and Universal Underwriters are the only 2 companies that come to mind that run a true 1st class operation. Hallmark's DO is a former mechanic that bottom-feeds, Sprint is an outright mess (laying people off by the thousands, bought a new Global and also have a GIV and C650), Vantile thinks because they have 2 airplanes that there are only 2 Captains (pay), Waddell and Reed has nice equip but lots of childish politicing going on over there, DirectJets Services (Pt. 135) uses CFIs (no joke) in the rightseat of their CL60 and does not send them to formal training of any kind (3 bounces with the CP who is a ego driven stick hog!!), and Commerce Bank is a good group of guys, but they work only on the days banks are open and are home every single night, so good luck on any of those guys ever leaving. Exec Beech is OK as well, but not a career place. MKC is riddled with EGOs, and if you can get past that, good luck. I flew a Falcon out of there a few years ago, and aside from the 2 companies I mentioned earlier, I wouldn't go there in hopes of finding anything for the long haul.
TT7744 said:
do you know of any part 91 jet operators in the k.c. area that need part time or full time help?

KC area

I can't say I disagree with any of what 757 said except to say that I think Sprint finally has a leader running the show so things should get better.

Latest resources

Back