Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Ill Mitch

I like my oatmeal lumpy
Anyone out there know anything about this operation out of PHNL? The good, bad and ugly? Thanks.

They have 3 BE-18's and a DC-3 Super. Won't get hired without time in type except right seat in the 3 and I think that's full.

Junkflyer said:
They have 3 BE-18's and a DC-3 Super. Won't get hired without time in type except right seat in the 3 and I think that's full.

Thanks. Any idea on pay? No DC-3 time, but time in the -18.

The pay is $70 for the first flight and $40 for any additional flight per day. each flight may be a one stop round trip or two stops then back. Normally HNL to MKK or LNY and back. Sometimes LUP stops also and charters to OGG or other airports.

How do you fly $70/$40 a pop and live in Hawaii?

That was $550 a week flying 2 flights a day, a couple extra flights put it over $600 a week. Those days are over, but hey its still more than Island Air.

Whale Rider said:
How do you fly $70/$40 a pop and live in Hawaii?

Have a wife that would make lots of money. :) That would be my case IF we go over there.

Next........

Last edited:
Ill Mitch said:
Have a wife that would make lots of money. :) That would be my case IF we go over there.

She'd better be making more than just lots......if you're picking down $550/$600 a week. [Seriously]

Whale Rider said:
She'd better be making more than just lots......if you're picking down $550/$600 a week. [Seriously]

I hear ya! Where we are at now, the cost of living isn't that much different. As for lots, there would be no worries. But it is doubtful it is going to happen, just looking to see what's out there.

Latest resources

Back