• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Kam Air 737 Found

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I just went onto Flight simulator 2004 and flew in there using the real time weather feature. It was snowing to beat the band, many mountains, few navaids, and generally a black hole if you are trying to manuver. The FS AI cleared me to 7900 8 miles from the airport and 16000.

Kam Air

My condolances to all the families hit by this.

Last year I had the 'experience' to ride on Kam Air into Kabul. I was left unimpressed. The 737s when I was there were operated by Phoenix Air out of Russia for Kam Air. What I saw of Kam Air and Phoenix Air told me that it was just a matter of time. When I left Kabul, I refused to fly on Kam Air.

Afghanistan is a high adrenaline flight operation area. It was a Day VFR country when I left. They had just finished certifying a new approach into Kabul when I left. But the approach made Aspen look boring. I will not speculate here, but I have some definate ideas on why it happened.

Speculation

I understand that generally it's not cool to speculate about the cause of crashes--after all, never judge someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes, etc. etc...

But I think it's fair to say that if done tactfully speculation can help others learn from previous mistakes or possible "gotchas" that creep up in daily flying.

I'm very interested to learn more about this crash and certainly don't have anything to gain by waiting for an accident report. I'll learn those lessons when the report comes out regardless, but in the meantime I think we can spend our time constructively speculating about possible scenarios.

Anyway, I'm all ears. PM me if you like. Am I correct to understand the aircraft was on the missed and then crashed, or was it descending for the approach as Publishers suggested?

Best.

Latest resources

Back