Kalitta questions...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ApM

As a veteran of Kalitta's 135 ops I know the drill, that being said I wanna know the positives and negatives of Kalitta Air. Probably getting furloughed and wanna know my options in the flying world.Looks like a fast upgrade, home based, ...pay, interesting flying... Your thoughts and some insight on the schedules. 14on,14off the way it used to be ? How is reserve ?
Thanks

As a veteran of Kalitta's 135 ops I know the drill, that being said I wanna know the positives and negatives of Kalitta Air. Probably getting furloughed and wanna know my options in the flying world.Looks like a fast upgrade, home based, ...pay, interesting flying... Your thoughts and some insight on the schedules. 14on,14off the way it used to be ? How is reserve ?
Thanks

Getting an interview here is pretty tough these days. It has become extremely competitive with so many highly qualified people on the streets. I could not get a friend an interview and he was a DC10 Captain with 15K hrs.

Good luck

Kalitta Air

What does it take to get on there??? I'm a former Express Net (ENA) Airbus driver and know a few people that went over there after ENA went outa business and even with the heavy time on the Bus, I can't secure an interview there..

Seriously, what in Kalitta looking for??

What does it take to get on there??? I'm a former Express Net (ENA) Airbus driver and know a few people that went over there after ENA went outa business and even with the heavy time on the Bus, I can't secure an interview there..

Seriously, what in Kalitta looking for??

You are in line with hundreds of other guys with over 10K. Hiring will slow for a while only so the Training Dept can catch up. IOE is back logged.

With so many guys standing in line, they are looking at 10K+, Heavy time, International Experience, lots of PIC. Want guys that can/qualified to upgrade quick.

Timing is everything.

Like I mentioned on the other thread, a few years back we were hiring turbo-prop guys with 3000 hrs. Now we have a surplus of widebody drivers (ATA, Focus, Cargo 360 and folks that have jumped ship from Evergreen, Polar etc.) with lots of hours including PIC, international, pond crossings...

And as mentioned above, a quick upgrade, almost a direct entry position in some cases.

Latest resources

Back