Kalitta BOG

Zoneload

Total Time
On 26th August, after departing BOG at 0130 (LT) a Kalitta B747 reported engine failure and asked to return to BOG. It do so safely at 0230 after some circuits over Ambalema.

It is BOG where another Kalitta 747 crashed shortly after take off last 7th July, killing 3 people on the ground and injuring the members of crew -some seriously. That was the second hull loss of a kalitta 747 within months.

Noticias de Bogotá - ELTIEMPO.COM -> Aeronave de carga de la aerolínea Kalitta sufrió una emergencia esta madrugada, en Bogotá

ACT700

What's it doing now?
Total Time
5dimes
Before people start lambasting Kalitta for shatty mx on here, like on another board, I would like to ask, does CK do their own engine mx?

Blast away!

embpic1

Total Time
>10000
Before people start lambasting Kalitta for shatty mx on here, like on another board, I would like to ask, does CK do their own engine mx?

Blast away!
Yes we do.

dhawk41

Total Time
I heard on the last accident they where suspecting terrorist sabotage maybe there is something to it, bad fuel, wrench in the motor, it would not take a whole lot.

GittinFatter

Total Time
>11000
Kalitta does not do all of the engines; A's and J's I believe, but not the Q's or R's. Correct me if I am wrong. Let the lambasting begin!

embpic1

Total Time
>10000
Kalitta does not do all of the engines; A's and J's I believe, but not the Q's or R's. Correct me if I am wrong. Let the lambasting begin!
Your are wrong and have been corrected. ;)

FreightGod

Total Time
but not the Q's or R's. Correct me if I am wrong. Let the lambasting begin!
They do the Qs.
Did for Tradewinds anyway, then they blew one on t/o, screved up the go/no-go decision and ran off the end at 80 knots. Also in Colombia, summer 2006.

A video is somewhere on the internet, search for Tradewinds crash.