• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Kalitta Air TA passes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So, who's holding the gun to your head? Have you personally suffered through all 4 1/2 years of negotiations? How long have you really put up with this abuse? Why would you tolerate it? I'm curious as to CK's reaction when you told him to shove it up his arse? Did you tell him to his face, or are you taking credit for being in the collective 17% who voted against the TA, thereby "figuratively" making the statement?
You might show some respect and gratitude to the people who made the sacrifices over 4 1/2 years to negotiate the best deal that was available. You might even consider showing some respect for the 83% of your peers who found it to be acceptable, if not perfect. Like it or not, that's the deal. The vote wasn't even close.
So get over it or vote with your feet and find the perfect job.

By the way, I hate to sound so negative cause I'm usually not, but the ranting against the company and disrespect of your peers could appear to reflect the sentiments of a ungrateful spoiled kid.

Very well said!

So get over it or vote with your feet and find the perfect job. I sincerely wish you the best of luck.
All good points, but this is the best.

Jonahpilot - you're here apparently and happy enough to stay. There's no contract and most airlines are hiring. Why don't you go somewhere where the contract isn't a p.o.s and the company respects your home life as you say...

calling a 'passing the buck" bs on this one!

Hate to sound so negative cause I'm usually not, but the new contract is a p.o.s. We waited 4 1/2 yrs and this is what we got, with 83% of the crewmembers just throwing their hands up and voting it in! I for one told Connie and his group of wolves to shove it up their arse. This place abuses their pilots by asking them to be away from home for ludicrous amounts of time. It ruins home lives and makes drunks and philanderers out of it's work force. Meanwhile management (starting from the top) laughs all the way to the bank on the backs of good men as it snuffs them out like a dirty old cigarette butt. But come on over guys, here's your big chance to fly the fly the heavy metal. Really don't hesitate, it's worth it!

To blame anyone or anything else for one's conduct is ludicrous! I also fly long haul and our pay package and rules arent the best, but to say that the company causes people to go morally bankrupt by being drunks and philanderers is totally passing the buck and not taking responsibility and being accountable to one's self. If you truly don't like it and feel like Connie is driving you to the bottle, then leave.

No matter where you are, you will never satisfy everyone. There coulda been a 50% raise and someone would find a problem with that. 83% sounds like quite a majority to me. Congrats on agreement, hopefully it makes things easier.

It's a great job and there is lots of fun to be had in some interesting places...and you can have fun just about any way you want in some of them. If philandering and drunkeness are it so be it! Perhaps a little debauchery is in order tonight as a matter of fact!

If you aren't into that you can always pack a few Stephen King books...

I think that we might have been able to do a little better. My bet is that in three years there will be another four and a half years of stalling...because he can.

Last edited:
One factor that might have come into play was half the class (6 out of 12) newhires quitting while in groundschool in April. The old contract was a disgrace.

One factor that might have come into play was half the class (6 out of 12) newhires quitting while in groundschool in April. The old contract was a disgrace.

Granted the payscale was definitely disgraceful.
But, there was no exodus of six from a class. Early in the year, two new hires did bail. One was a FE going overseas on a gig that was in the works prior to coming to KA. Don't know about the other one.

I was interviewing May 3rd, and the guys in that class said 4 'No showed" and one left on day two to Frontier, and that person was from Denver.
I am stoked to be here, thanks guys!

What's in god's green earth is soooo bad about traveling the world being a philandering drunk???? Did I spell that right? Woooph!!!!

Not all "RJ Pilots" are working with a substandard contract. Yeah, the hourly rate is always higher at a major, but at my current job, our work rules are better than CAL's and UAL's narrow body language. My previous employer's was as well. And the previous one was with a concession.

What exactly do you have as an SA227 CA for work rules that you can talk down to "RJ pilots" and say that they need to "take note"? If you want to talk about MESA, then great. They do need to "take note".

If anybody needs to "take note", it's UAL, NW, USAir, AA, and lastly, DAL.

Back to the regional board for you ,junior;) Or is that 'commuter'?

PHXFLYR:cool:

You clearly aren't aware of AMF's work rules. We get a gaurantee of 40 hours a week, that works out to over 120 hours a month. What is your gaurantee?

The gaurantee is just the base. This next pay period (2 weeks) I'll get over 100 hours. Did I work 100 hours? Hell no. I'll work 10 days with an average at work time of 4 to 5 hours a day.

Name a regional that pays more than 100 hours in a month. I may not be flying a jet, but at least I don't have to work my butt off to make descent money.

"Descent" money.....is that like "descent checklist?"

Only joshin' with ya':D

PHXFLYR:cool:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back