• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Kalitta Air TA passes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I may have missed the answer to this but; with home basing is your first day of work your DH to the aircraft or departure city?

I may have missed the answer to this but; with home basing is your first day of work your DH to the aircraft or departure city?

Not always. You are required to be in position by 5z on your first day. If you are not departing on your first day, you can workout with scheduling to DH from your resident airport to your first point of departure on your first duty day. It works for me about 50% of the time.

How is the training at Kalitta? How long is ground school and how many sim sessions before the checkride? Sorry for all the questions, I am just trying to get an idea of the quality of your training department.

How is the training at Kalitta? How long is ground school and how many sim sessions before the checkride? Sorry for all the questions, I am just trying to get an idea of the quality of your training department.

Most people agree that the training is top shelf.
GS is about five weeks, four CPTs, eight sims then OE. Usually a small break between phases. About 90 days (+/-) start to finish.
It does come at you via fire hose, so plan on paying attention and taking notes. It can be demanding and they don't give it away. You definitely can't just show up and expect a free ride.
If you won't put out the effort, you won't make it. When you finish, you are well qualified. Maybe not such a good place for beginners or slackers.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply. What is the background of most of the people in class? Military, regional or cargo?

The August 6 class finished today. I was impressed with quality of training compared to previous companies. Breakdown was 12 FOs and 6 FEs - 6 regional, 4 military, 4 freight, 3 corporate/charter, 1 A&P. FO classes in Oct, Nov, and Jan to be filled.

I'm in the October class. I don't have any first hand knowledge abuot the training, but my friend who was in the April class has nothing but good things to say about the training and the company in general. He did say the training was the toughest thing he's ever done, but he had been furloughed for several years and hadn't flown, maybe (I hope!) that had something to do with the difficulty.

Good luck with your decision

Thanx CRJ Pilot.

The training is thorough, like any other training you may have been through, just keep up. By the time you leave, you will know every switch, light, buzzer on both panels.

After the sim, the real training begins on IOE if you have never flown big airplanes in the past..........its all about the mass managment, especially in the "A" powered airplanes.

If you aint havin fun on IOE, your doing something wrong.

Latest resources

Back