• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Kalitta Air TA passes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This contract is a sign that the entire industry is turning around. As a group, we need to push for better pay and better schedules. RJ pilots, take note. It's time to take back what was given up.

Actually I don't think its a particularly great contract. There were some advancements, but a 5% raise after 4 years of working under an expired contract without raises is not a win in any sense. The 1's and 3's are gone which can be a pretty big hit for some. In my case it means 78 less pay hours than last year if I fly exactly the same. Now we will be paid for what we fly only (or guarantee of course) no extras for sitting. The lines now aren't very busy-most don't break guarantee and there are 33 reserve lines and 43 hard lines for August.

This contract is a sign that the entire industry is turning around. As a group, we need to push for better pay and better schedules. RJ pilots, take note. It's time to take back what was given up.

Not all "RJ Pilots" are working with a substandard contract. Yeah, the hourly rate is always higher at a major, but at my current job, our work rules are better than CAL's and UAL's narrow body language. My previous employer's was as well. And the previous one was with a concession.

What exactly do you have as an SA227 CA for work rules that you can talk down to "RJ pilots" and say that they need to "take note"? If you want to talk about MESA, then great. They do need to "take note".

If anybody needs to "take note", it's UAL, NW, USAir, AA, and lastly, DAL.

The most important question I would have to ask is can one to party like a rockstar while out overseas or must one remain sober while sitting. :beer:

Lets all get our priorities straight here.

Ref

Amsterdam - Yes!
Brussels (Leuven - college town) - Yes!
Liege - Yes!
Bahrain - Yes!
Dubai - Yes!
Hong Kong - Yes!
(and other places in between)

Partying like Rock Stars?
Most Definitely!

Actually I don't think its a particularly great contract. There were some advancements, but a 5% raise after 4 years of working under an expired contract without raises is not a win in any sense. The 1's and 3's are gone which can be a pretty big hit for some. In my case it means 78 less pay hours than last year if I fly exactly the same. Now we will be paid for what we fly only (or guarantee of course) no extras for sitting. The lines now aren't very busy-most don't break guarantee and there are 33 reserve lines and 43 hard lines for August.
It's an average of 5% raise over each of the next 4 years - so it's a 20% raise over the life of the contract.

Yes, the 1 and 3s are gone (the 1 and 3 were pay for sitting in a hotel on reserve) but we will not be on reserve in the hotels anymore. If they need us to sit reserve in the middle of our line, it's 3.65 now. Because of the way our operations department works, I expect to get paid to sit sometimes.

We can't expect the contract to give us everything - we are going to get somethings that we want, and the company is going to get some things they want. United/Delta/NWA didn't get the contracts they have overnight - it's taken them 70 years. We are getting a better contract each time we sign one.

One of the reasons there are less hard lines is that most of the Asiana flying is not on a hard line. We're down to one plane for them at the moment and the layover are long, so he didn't want to put them in. Those lines were pretty productive. Another is that we have two new airplanes online and the flying is just getting sorted out.

I'm sorry you don't like the contract - 83% of the crewmembers did so there must be enough in the contract to appeal to a large majority.

Not all "RJ Pilots" are working with a substandard contract. Yeah, the hourly rate is always higher at a major, but at my current job, our work rules are better than CAL's and UAL's narrow body language. My previous employer's was as well. And the previous one was with a concession.

What exactly do you have as an SA227 CA for work rules that you can talk down to "RJ pilots" and say that they need to "take note"? If you want to talk about MESA, then great. They do need to "take note".

If anybody needs to "take note", it's UAL, NW, USAir, AA, and lastly, DAL.

You clearly aren't aware of AMF's work rules. We get a gaurantee of 40 hours a week, that works out to over 120 hours a month. What is your gaurantee?

The gaurantee is just the base. This next pay period (2 weeks) I'll get over 100 hours. Did I work 100 hours? Hell no. I'll work 10 days with an average at work time of 4 to 5 hours a day.

Name a regional that pays more than 100 hours in a month. I may not be flying a jet, but at least I don't have to work my butt off to make descent money.

Nice response iaflyer, I am new onboard and appreciate your optimism.

You clearly aren't aware of AMF's work rules. We get a gaurantee of 40 hours a week, that works out to over 120 hours a month. What is your gaurantee?

The gaurantee is just the base. This next pay period (2 weeks) I'll get over 100 hours. Did I work 100 hours? Hell no. I'll work 10 days with an average at work time of 4 to 5 hours a day.

Name a regional that pays more than 100 hours in a month. I may not be flying a jet, but at least I don't have to work my butt off to make descent money.

Has nothing to do if you are flying a jet or not. You are the one that put that in your post.

And for your information, both "regionals" I worked at I could get over 100 hrs a month and not have to fly anywhere near that. And the first company had props as well. The work rules were the same, no matter what you flew. The best I ever did was over 150 in one month, didn't fly anywhere near 100 to get it. I didn't have to "work my butt of to make decent money".

You clearly aren't aware of some of the better airlines that have "RJ Pilots" work rules are.

You obviously missed my point. Telling "RJ pilots" to take note because a certain ACMI operator just got a better CBA is an apple's to oranges comparison. Regional wages or CBA's are never compared to heavy/ACMI operators. Not the same kind of flying, nor a similar segment of the industry. How many CBA's and negotiations have you been through at AMF? Like I said, UAL, DAL, USAir east and west, and NW are the ones that should "take note" as you say.

Last edited:
Hate to sound so negative cause I'm usually not, but the new contract is a p.o.s. We waited 4 1/2 yrs and this is what we got, with 83% of the crewmembers just throwing their hands up and voting it in! I for one told Connie and his group of wolves to shove it up their arse. This place abuses their pilots by asking them to be away from home for ludicrous amounts of time. It ruins home lives and makes drunks and philanderers out of it's work force. Meanwhile management (starting from the top) laughs all the way to the bank on the backs of good men as it snuffs them out like a dirty old cigarette butt. But come on over guys, here's your big chance to fly the fly the heavy metal. Really don't hesitate, it's worth it!

Hate to sound so negative cause I'm usually not, but the new contract is a p.o.s. We waited 4 1/2 yrs and this is what we got, with 83% of the crewmembers just throwing their hands up and voting it in! I for one told Connie and his group of wolves to shove it up their arse. This place abuses their pilots by asking them to be away from home for ludicrous amounts of time. It ruins home lives and makes drunks and philanderers out of it's work force. Meanwhile management (starting from the top) laughs all the way to the bank on the backs of good men as it snuffs them out like a dirty old cigarette butt. But come on over guys, here's your big chance to fly the fly the heavy metal. Really don't hesitate, it's worth it!

So, who's holding the gun to your head? Have you personally suffered through all 4 1/2 years of negotiations? How long have you really put up with this abuse? Why would you tolerate it? I'm curious as to CK's reaction when you told him to shove it up his arse? Did you tell him to his face, or are you taking credit for being in the collective 17% who voted against the TA, thereby "figuratively" making the statement?
You might show some respect and gratitude to the people who made the sacrifices over 4 1/2 years to negotiate the best deal that was available. You might even consider showing some respect for the 83% of your peers who found it to be acceptable, if not perfect. Like it or not, that's the deal. The vote wasn't even close.
So get over it or vote with your feet and find the perfect job. I sincerely wish you the best of luck.

The lifestyle associated with this job is challenging. Anybody who has been around should know what to expect. Plenty of posts describe the facts of life, plus the company does not sugar coat anything during the interview. Why a person would come to work in this environment while knowing the facts is hard to understand. After getting a real taste of it and finding that it doesn't suit you and still staying on and bitching about it so forcefully s unfathomable.

By the way, I hate to sound so negative cause I'm usually not, but the ranting against the company and disrespect of your peers could appear to reflect the sentiments of a ungrateful spoiled kid.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back