• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Kalitta Air or Jet Blue

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We have a few guys here who had left JB to come to Kalitta, not really sure what that means, but it should be noted

I know of one dude who was given the resign or get canned, another guy (might be SouthernAir now, some say Kalitta)was in my newhire class and at the end of training, shot his mouth off to some GoJet guy who was trying to get an interview at JB. The GoJet guy went a "tattletailed" to his BlueDart sponser, the rest is history. He was a good guy........
If you are an adventure seeker, Kalitta all the way.........

6 years ago I asked the FI community if I should work at CHQ/RAH or Comair. Over whelming response of Comair. I got the Comair interview first and took the job. So Comair had me on furlough 6 months later. CHQ had 2 year upgrades.

Don't pay attention to FI opinions.

You asked the FI community where to work and you followed through with their recommendation?

You asked the FI community where to work and you followed through with their recommendation?

A long long time ago. I asked on FI if I should choose Mesaba or Skyway for my first "airline" job. Eveyone said: "Mesaba U idiot!" They were both crap and one doesn't exist anymore. Looking back, the decision was made for me. Just play the cards you got.

It simply depends on what you are looking for. With Kalitta you will be gone for 2 weeks or more at a time and 10, 12, or even 14 time zones away from you family. Jet Blue will be a bit more boring but you won't be gone more than 4 days at a time. Anybody who can say that disrupting your circadian rhythms on a regular basis is healthy hasn't done their research. Kalitta will be way more exciting but in the long run I personally don't think you will make a career out of it. Most people don't. I will leave you with one thought. SENIORITY IS EVERYTHING IN THIS BUSINESS. Figure out what you want and get after it hard. Good luck with you choice. You will only know when you retire if you choose wisely.

A long long time ago. I asked on FI if I should choose Mesaba or Skyway for my first "airline" job. Eveyone said: "Mesaba U idiot!" They were both crap and one doesn't exist anymore. Looking back, the decision was made for me. Just play the cards you got.

Yep. What he said. Same story here. When I got hired at my airline, nobody wanted to work here. Within 5 years we were "the hottest place in aviation" (not my phrase, but appropriate at the time). Now, we are in the toilet and I would not recommend working here. Gold today, garbage tomorrow. Go with what is best for YOU, not what might be best for your buddies or is the popular opinion. No one is immune from bad management and no airline is better than the other. Now that I understand this, it gives me some sense of peace.

Best of luck in what you decide and don't look back or second guess yourself.

T2S

Latest resources

Back