• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Kalitta Air or Jet Blue

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Were you considering either airline for a career? I have to think that these days seniority is key.

Totally different flying - if you want to see the world and cross the pond, no brainer.
Don't have to worry about how many aisle chairs or bags of ice for pax etc etc

If you like flying good aircraft with a quality product, mostly domestic but some pretty cool destinations, then Jetblue.

If neither of these are career destinations, then I would think you would be more marketable with heavy time and maybe even 747 command time.

What's your overall goal? Fedex etc or Legacy Carrier?

You have to decide what success is to you.
You and only you should define your definition of success.

Here's what messed up about this industry. When I was young, single, and still in love with aviation, Kalitta would have been perfect. Great experience, fly all over the world etc...and I wouldn't have minded being away from home because home was a crappy apartment. BUT, I didn't have the qualifications. I spent years and years getting the qualifications but my life changed so that being away from home that much became an impossibility.

Here's what messed up about this industry. When I was young, single, and still in love with aviation, Kalitta would have been perfect. Great experience, fly all over the world etc...and I wouldn't have minded being away from home because home was a crappy apartment. BUT, I didn't have the qualifications. I spent years and years getting the qualifications but my life changed so that being away from home that much became an impossibility.

+1

I was in the same boat, and even applied to Kalitta several times when I was younger. I had about 1000hrs right seat RJ time.

Had a captain at Kallita walk my stuff in with a good word on top of it, went to see the Kallita guys in MIA at a job fair. Was told so sorry we need guys with jet time. Southwest hired me instead, oh darn! Take Jetblue

Lets see....JetBlue....lame a$$ blue uniforms or K4....10k feet, change into your sweats.

Dude... you hit the nail on the head:erm:.... this whole career choice is all about wearing sweat pants on a plane....

I wish someone told me in flight school the key to this career... FREAKING SWEAT PANTS...

If i had the knowledge about the sweat pants earlier I might have gone to work for Kalitta earlier... DAMIT.... :rolleyes:

In all seriousness... Go to jetblue you will be much much much happier!

Latest resources

Back