Kalitta Air Mythbusters on now

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
God, Ive always wanted to try that.

(I wonder if that will work on an RJ thats snookered his way up too close?)

What I would like to know is, was the one eyed bandit driving the bus ?:D or some poor guy from MX.

Just watched the show on the DVR. Very cool indeed. However I had hoped, as others here seem to agree, that the airplane would take flight rather than just get blown over.

Although if memory serves I think the FAA did a demonstration of this with a van than blew of the tarmac and into some water from jetblast of a 74. So the myth was already confirmed. Anyone else remember this?

Ref

Although if memory serves I think the FAA did a demonstration of this with a van than blew of the tarmac and into some water from jetblast of a 74. So the myth was already confirmed. Anyone else remember this?

Heck, they even admitted that it had already happened. They had tried it before but did it very timidly and didn't blow the car. This time was just to made it great TV.

I guess I missed the disclaimer on the already tested scenario.

I just fast forwarded till I saw the whale so I more than likely missed that portion. Like you stated good TV though.

Ref

The MB's tried it last season but due to insurance and FOD reasons they used some punny APU looking turbine engine. I thought it was kind of cool that Connie let them use the jet.
Every time I fly into OAK I look at the ol' Navy base and think of all the cool things they blow up or wreck out there.
BTW, I am the only one who thinks Kerry (the red headed chicky) is wicked hot? Schwing!

Double that Schwing! She's starting to gain some weight though.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back