Kalitta Air.... Info?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Megadeth said:
Connie is a S**t Hole, you can pull ducks head all you want but you still won't get a swan. The pay is miserable and little or no benefits.

We all know we don't have a perfect environment here but show me one perfect job out there? They all have issues... The deal is at Kalitta we are better than most of the jobs and we need to solve this in house deals among us not among other people.
You probably never flew for a regional or some majors out there to say what you saying.
And I still think that our salary would be raised if we get rid of MR just with the money saved from his mistakes. But just my tought, right CWI.

I was talking to one of Kalitta Charters II guys few days ago. The feeling I have from that conversation is that he was scared sh*t working for that place. He was saying about 40 hours duty days, loading a B727 with 40000 lbs no help from loaders, lack of maintenance, crappy management(bad Chief Pilot), a lot of YIP on your dime with no Per Diem, Safety described as a chinese word,no upgrades. I don't have a second opinion. I don't know if it's true or not.

You gotta do your homework

countbat said:
I was talking to one of Kalitta Charters II guys few days ago. The feeling I have from that conversation is that he was scared sh*t working for that place. He was saying about 40 hours duty days, loading a B727 with 40000 lbs no help from loaders, lack of maintenance, crappy management(bad Chief Pilot), a lot of YIP on your dime with no Per Diem, Safety described as a chinese word,no upgrades. I don't have a second opinion. I don't know if it's true or not.

Kalitta Charters is a totally diferent company with differente owner yes they share the name because they are from the same family but if we mention Kalitta is refering to Kalitta Air International when the thread is about the other Kalittas they specify don't mix oranges with peaches they both yellow but...

countbat said:

You might be right on - when I talked to the CP he offered me a class date sight unseen. He couldn't/wouldn't comment on upgrades. Sounded like MOST ofthe the time in YIP was on my dime. And $36k/yr to start - OUCH!! Maybe if I had a ton of violations on my record - but load the plane - don't think so! Not 40k lbs. A Corp jet - no worries, but 40,000 lbs of pallets - NOT.

Baja Out.

he had to load 40,000 lbs by himself???? That sounds like BS? How much does it cost to have the plane sit on ground per hour while the pilot is doing manual labor. Actually, on second thought, that sounds like something Hulas would think up. I guess it could happen

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back