K-State Aviation Program

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

RM7599

I'm considering the flight program at K-State Salina.........I would appreciate any input. I already have a Bachelors degree, so I would only be doing flight training. However, I still think that I have to follow the two year time line. Thanks for the help!

RM7599---

I graduated from KSU in 99. I honestly think that the training there was excellent for airline minded pilots. They have cockpit procedures, maintanence manuals and dispatching that is all similar to what we do in the airlines. They are great at ground training in a manner that is also similar to the airlines.

They have a lot of great airplanes that are very well maintained. I think they only have a handfull of aircraft that are over 10 years old and they aren't overly expensive. It's definately worth what you pay.

If you do the two year program you can be done in just over a year if you are only flying and you fly in the summer. They plan on you flying 3 times a week and not flying during the summer. Be carefull how you sign up for flight labs though. If you complete a lab half way through the semester and sign up for a new one, then don't finish you automatically loose one letter grade.

The only knocks I have on the school is that it can be very "political" and its in a small town with absolutely no night life. But, if you are serious about flying, you won't need the night life and the politics you should just ignore.

There weather is also pretty good for flight training. A lot of good flying days, especially in the summer.

Over all, the program is good, they have a very good first time CFI pass rating and a very professional atmosphere. Unfortunately, they may be out growing themselves. That may be the only other knock, I don't know how big they are right now.

Latest resources

Back