Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

K&S or HPA, any thoughts or advice regarding 737 type?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks for the sincere thoughts, cheers!!

Ahhh, Barney's beach house!!

many nights between there and Tahiti Rama.

Where Tahiti Rama was is an Outrigger hotel and Barney's is now the site of a condo.

good times.!!

Mike Sturgis seconded!!!

Mike was an excellent instructor for me when I was there in PHX in Jul/Aug 2002. 5 Stars for K&S!!!

P3C Tweek:D

PS. I'm sure HPA is nothing short of excellent also from my readings from all here.................

K&S

I went with K&S. As mentioned earlier, Mike is an outstanding instructor, one of the best I've seen in 20 years. Also, the 200 sim is cheaper (it has a 300 auto pilot) and, although it is in the AWA sim complex, it is privately owned, by a great dude named Dave who let us go over time on several occasions. I probably got over an hour of free time. K&S is run and taught by retired and current SWA pilots, and the Phoenix Chief Pilot came in on his time to talk with us. All in all, world class training. I applied to SWA the night I got home from Phoenix and was called three days later, interviewed two weeks after that. Waiting the Jan DB. My two cents, for what it's worth.
Prost!

For folks that are looking for a SWA "connection" either K&S or Higher Power will do just fine.

For those that have suggested that HP has more of a line to SWA couldnt be more WRONG.

Trust me when I say that anyone going to either one of these schools will become " known" to the company.

Just consider anything you do or say while in training to be part of the "process" and be on your best behavior.

Guam360...'pretty shallow reef'....yep, I still have scars from those days. Luckily I moved to Ft Walton Beach not long after and finished cutting my surfing teeth on a nice, sandy beach break.
Weirdest place I ever surfed: the Red Sea; Fujairah; United Arab Emirates. Ankle slappers to be sure, but the salinity of the water was so high it was easy to catch the tiny waves. The looks of the locals was worth dragging the board half way round the world. Got to surf North Shore and South Shore and Black's Beach in SoCal all on the same trip.
I didn't even know Talofofo had a break! I played in the falls when I went there.
Good memories....thanks!

yea dude, on a big typhoon swell, from the East (where they creeped up from), talafofo bay was crazy sometimes, the swell would roll in and funnel in to the beach.

Ankle slappers, how funny, on the Gulf coast of Florida where i grew up, we called them Ankle snappers.

falls were alot of fun jumping off the top into a five by five pit deep enough to land in. crazy times.

did you ever swim in the natural pool at Inarahan? As a Navy Diver we used to go clean it out every year, of beer cans (Bubweiser cans).

Inarahan was very nice. I never knew that you squidleys had to clean it out though! That's too funny.
All this talk of surf has given me a serious jones. Not much to be had in central Mississippi. Maybe I can get a cross-country to Patrick.....................

Patrick's, second light, surfed there abunch too...

we didn't have to clean it out, we were apart of the Ship Repair Facility on big Navy, SRF was mostly civilians, so we took care of our SRF civilian local friends/co-workers, and they took care of us, ie, invites to local Fiestas, fishing, fish, shop materials, etc. so we did a few favors for the villages.

good talking to you, we have highjacked my own thread...

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back