• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

K & $ 737 type

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The airlines teach you to use glass and your airmanship and instruments will aid you in SA! What you need to be trained on is how not to be such a NIEVE KOOL-AID DRINKING SUCKER (What? you think 7.5K IS PENNIES? You are probably the guy in the crew room that says we are paid a lot)! Go ahead and pay the extra amount FOR GLASS and go ahead and be a GOPHER (PASS OUT FLYERS), help them make more money while they make A MINIMUM OF 60 % profit on your type. Enjoy.

You are truly a MANGEMENT DREAM! Go have fun being taken advantage of and PLEASE do apply for the next management position, but first learn how to spell! ALSO dont learn to HATE SO FAST, IDIOT! I am on your side!

CYA
I gotta agree with Newman for the most part. K$S was a great experience. I was more than happy to let other people know it with referrals. As for the pennies I think he was referring to the $300 which IS peanuts on top of the supposed $9000 you said he was charged. Hell that's a easy to drop on a good night of strippers and booze at the Goldclub. I'm not sure why your friend would be worried about being blacklisted. K&S runs a business. They compete pretty hard with higher power and any kind of bad press would hurt them. Also not sure why you're up on the soapbox for your friend. Not every one can have a great experience every time. Life just isn't that kind. I could possibly understand the diatribe if it were you but........

I gotta agree with Newman too. K&S was a fantastic experience and who ever says negative stuff about them was probably paid to do so..... My buddy went there last month and paid only $7250 for the glass cockpit type compare that to HP or others who ask more for an old 200 type!!!!!!!!

No such thing as a 200 type. Having said that HP is a class act, have heard the same about K&S.

Last edited:
It is a sham, but it is his own fault for trying to buy an interview or job. He should suck it up, he will make it up in a year or two, if he gets hired. If not then he can write it off on his taxes.

To change the subject slightly...but I am so tired of hearing about this kind of stuff being a tax write-off. How many ppl out there think that if it is a tax write off that the government gives you back all the money you spent? Example, someone pays $9000 for a type, do you think that the gov. will give you $9000 back at the end of the year for this expense?

Low Pay?

This industry needs to be fixed from the bottom up. When you have flight instructors making less than a high school dropout working as waiter
I was $27/hr as a contract CFI, no taxes taken out, isn't that more than hihg school drop out waiter?

Strange here we have a thread about a SIM place charging too much money, interlaced with a rant about companies not paying instrcutors enought. There is a balnce here, a certain amount of money has to come in, inorder for a certain amount of money to go out. It appears that some don't like the reality of that cash flow.

I was $27/hr as a contract CFI, no taxes taken out, isn't that more than hihg school drop out waiter?

But how many hours a month could/did you bill? I doubt it was the 40 hours a week/160 hours a month that a waiter does plus the tips.

It is a shame that we have professional pilots making chicked feed wages at our airlines. I am surprised that anyone would try to defend the wages our CFIs make, which is even less in many cases.

Hgih School Drop out?

But how many hours a month could/did you bill? I doubt it was the 40 hours a week/160 hours a month that a waiter does plus the tips.

It is a shame that we have professional pilots making chicked feed wages at our airlines. I am surprised that anyone would try to defend the wages our CFIs make, which is even less in many cases.
I did not defend $27/hr as a high wage, I compared it to a hgih school drop out waiter. BTW pilots are among the highest paid professions in the /united States. $100K is very doable after 10 years if you make the moves and take the next job. 100K is in the upper 15% of all US wage earners. And to think you can do this without a college degree.

Latest resources

Back