• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

PuffDriver

C'mon NWA. Just walk away from it.

-Delta has too much debt anyway.
-Delta would be the only one gaining anyway.
-Delta's factual analysis that every NWA pilot would have a better financial outlook with Delta's list doesn't matter because NWA seniority isn't for sale
-You have all of that premium widebody flying to look forward to and all Delta has is 767s
-You still have your pension, and all Delta has is more senior people with smaller dates of hire and larger pocketbooks from their pension.
-forget about the 33% increase in compensation, work rules, DC NWA seniority isn't for sale

Stop putting out press releases wanting to come back to the table. You don't need us, and didn't want it anyway.

You aren't getting the bulk of the raise, your hard frozen pension, drastic betterment of work rules, larger increases in your DC, more widebody access, better destinations, better bases without sacrifice somewhere.

So stop trying to keep this thing alive until your seniority demands are reasonable. Always remember, Delta needs you. You don't need Delta. You have a great stand-alone plan with no need for a merger. Why do you keep trying to come back to the table with the unreasonable Delta pilots?

C'mon NWA. Just walk away from it.

-Delta has too much debt anyway.

And NWA needs a MASSIVE fleet upgrade, which will result in tons of debt. Unless you still, with these oil prices, actually believe the tired hype for the DC-9's.

-Delta would be the only one gaining anyway.

NWA has the most inferior hub location of any legacy and the oldest, most frakenstein fleet types which need to be replaced yesterday. They just lost their biggest cargo customer and that division stands to be sold off potentially. As for pilot related issues, the NWA pilots stand to gain significantly more in pay rates alone. If they are somehow able to rape 3000 Delta pilots by stapeling them to the bottom of a combined list, the result would be a windfall the likes of which has never been seen in modern airline merger history, if ever.

-Delta's factual analysis that every NWA pilot would have a better financial outlook with Delta's list doesn't matter because NWA seniority isn't for sale

Everything is for sale my friend. Everything. Don't be irrisponsibile and fool yourself into thinking otherwise. Look at the outsourcing situation today, and 70 and 90 seat RJ's all over the sky. Who would have thought half an airline's block hours would be outsourced to the lowest bidder while said airlines had thousands on furlough? Everything is for sale.

-You have all of that premium widebody flying to look forward to and all Delta has is 767s

Delta has significantly more widebody flying, so I'm not sure where you're going with that, but whatever helps you sleep at night.

-You still have your pension, and all Delta has is more senior people with smaller dates of hire and larger pocketbooks from their pension.

The NWA pension is a non issue when it comes to any integration. The NWA pilots (except new hires) have their portion of their frozen pension. Good for them, but that has no impact on any merger scenario. Those with frozen A funds will keep what they have. Those without frozen A funds will keep what they have. 100% irrelevant. Arguing that angle is like trying to integrate based on piot's house sizes.

-forget about the 33% increase in compensation, work rules, DC NWA seniority isn't for sale

Everything is for sale, but keep yourself pacified by thinking otherwise if it helps you get by. You're right about one thing though, you can forget about the 33% pay raise; you ain't getting that on your own, that's for sure.

Stop putting out press releases wanting to come back to the table. You don't need us, and didn't want it anyway.

You need them as much or more than they need you.

You aren't getting the bulk of the raise, your hard frozen pension, drastic betterment of work rules, larger increases in your DC, more widebody access, better destinations, better bases without sacrifice somewhere.

Your point?

So stop trying to keep this thing alive until your seniority demands are reasonable.

Stapeling the bottom 3000 Delta pilots is not reasonable and you know it.

Always remember, Delta needs you.

Doubt it.

You don't need Delta.

Might wanna rethink that.

You have a great stand-alone plan with no need for a merger.

So does Delta.

Why do you keep trying to come back to the table with the unreasonable Delta pilots?

The same reason they keep coming back to the table with unreasonable Northwest pilots. Both sides are fighting as hard as they can to protect their pilots. Would you expect any less from either? Or do you think you are in such an enviable position in this economic climate that you can just bully and dictate whatever you want?

This concluded your regularly scheduled my airline can beat up your airline beyotch fest. :smash:

(Sorry, just trying to beat the General to the punch here) :nuts:

The same reason they keep coming back to the table with unreasonable Northwest pilots. Both sides are fighting as hard as they can to protect their pilots. Would you expect any less from either? Or do you think you are in such an enviable position in this economic climate that you can just bully and dictate whatever you want?

This concluded your regularly scheduled my airline can beat up your airline beyotch fest. :smash:

Um, we are on the same side here. Read it again with that thought in mind. It was a tongue-in-cheek post.

Good One

Gawd that was funny. You really had me and I thought "this guy just doesn't get it" until I got to the bottom of the post. Then you had me rolling. Fuuuuuuuny!:laugh:

Gawd that was funny. You really had me and I thought "this guy just doesn't get it" until I got to the bottom of the post. Then you had me rolling. Fuuuuuuuny!:laugh:

Yeah I was trying to think WWGLD? Although I'd have to say the NWA pilots seem to be more unreasonable than the Delta pilots, though I wouldn't say either side is 100% right. Both sides are fighting as hard as they can, and if the crybaby hedge funds can't get their stock pop from a one time CNN headline pump and dump, well so sorry for them.

I especially liked Ray Neidle pouting something like "this does it, this proves pilots should have no say in a merger!" :laugh: Time for his mommy to put him in time out for a while.

Latest resources

Back