Just released - FedEx seat bid

active_herk

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 12, 2002
Posts
188
Total Time
Plenty
The latest FCIF at FedEx has the newest seat bid. 154 widebody captains and 120 widebody F/Os. An interesting note, in the MD-11, there are the same amount of vacancies of captains as there are first officers, which hints at fleet growth, but doesn't take into account any retirements. If it did, the captain numbers should be higher. I wonder if there will be a revised bid??
 

donger

Union member
Joined
Oct 31, 2002
Posts
112
Total Time
3000+


Future Bids / Hiring:
"We have approval for 360 new hires in FY06. The plan is to hire 30 per
month. We anticipate the next bid opening in the Spring of 2006."
 
Last edited:

FoxHunter

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 4, 2002
Posts
679
Total Time
23000
active_herk said:
but doesn't take into account any retirements. If it did, the captain numbers should be higher. I wonder if there will be a revised bid??

No, there have always been more MD11 F/Os than Captains. We have many flights with one Captain and two F/Os, and a growing number with one Captain and three F/Os.

The other reason is that the Company expects Congress to change the pilot retirement age this year so the senior guys can stick around for an extra 5-6 years. :)
 

F18-FDX

Purple Rules
Joined
Jan 7, 2002
Posts
187
Total Time
4000+
FoxHunter said:
The other reason is that the Company expects Congress to change the pilot retirement age this year so the senior guys can stick around for an extra 5-6 years. :)

Hoping you can stick around and leech off the rest of us for a few more years? When are you going to step up to the plate, be a man and join the union?
 

SWPA Pilot

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 31, 2005
Posts
100
Total Time
enough
The other reason is that the Company expects Congress to change the pilot retirement age this year so the senior guys can stick around for an extra 5-6 years

Keep dreaming, are you going to be one of the guys who carries the coffee for the back of the -10?
 

pilot141

Professional Cynic
Joined
Nov 26, 2001
Posts
274
Total Time
5,000+
For planning purposes a good guess might be a bid every 3 months. This big bid in Aug, a cleanup bid in Nov, another big bid in Feb, another cleanup bid in May, etc.


Edit: Fixed a stupid typo.
 

SWA/FO

5 Star Senior Member
Joined
Nov 26, 2001
Posts
3,520
Total Time
>12000
You guys don't know whats happening with your company until the "seat bid" comes out?
 

Falconjet

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 28, 2002
Posts
1,586
Total Time
almost
Other than the fact that we're making money hand over fist?

No I guess we don't.

FJ
 

FoxHunter

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 4, 2002
Posts
679
Total Time
23000
SWPA Pilot said:
Keep dreaming, are you going to be one of the guys who carries the coffee for the back of the -10?

Nope, never been a S/O. BTW S.65 has 19 cosponsors, H.R. 65 has 29 so I expect those guys will be moving back to the left seat by this time next year.:)
 

FoxHunter

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 4, 2002
Posts
679
Total Time
23000
F18-FDX said:
Hoping you can stick around and leech off the rest of us for a few more years? When are you going to step up to the plate, be a man and join the union?

Sonny, you have not a clue, but in time you may learn the facts of life.:)
 

AAflyer

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 26, 2001
Posts
1,493
Total Time
9000+
FoxHunter said:
Nope, never been a S/O. BTW S.65 has 19 cosponsors, H.R. 65 has 29 so I expect those guys will be moving back to the left seat by this time next year.:)

Beat it old man, out of my seat! You have had your turn..

AA
:cool:
 

FoxHunter

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 4, 2002
Posts
679
Total Time
23000
SWA/FO said:
You guys don't know whats happening with your company until the "seat bid" comes out?

Some do, some don't.:)

The conversion schedule is updated on the company web site every Friday. MD11 N628FE is scheduled to arrive 08/09/05 for September revenue service, MD11 N631FE to arrive 08/11/05 for Sep service, MD11 N624FE arrives 08/28/05 for Sept service, MD11 N577FE arrives 10/17/05 for December service, MD11 N574FE arrives 11/28/05 for Jan 06 service. MD10-10 N381FE arrives 8/17/05 for October service, MD10-10 N564FE arrives 09/10/05 for October service, MD10-10 N571FE arrives 10/17/05 for November service, MD10-10 N556FE arrives 11/16/05 for Jan 06 and the list goes on until November 2011. FWIW The list also includes the A300/A310s.
 

FoxHunter

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 4, 2002
Posts
679
Total Time
23000
AAflyer said:
Beat it old man, out of my seat! You have had your turn..

AA
:cool:

Yep, you said it all sonny, the age 60 was never a safety issue. I'll be more than happy to keep you out of my seat.:) Looks like I'll get to keep it for longer than would make you happy.
 

AAflyer

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 26, 2001
Posts
1,493
Total Time
9000+
Don' worry,

I'll keep pointing out taxi-ways at night, keep reading the small print on the ACARS printer, and picking up all the radio calls you miss. Can I carry your bags for you up the jetbride as well?

Glad because you couldn't get your house in order over the past 30 years I have to wait another 5 years to upgrade.

Senior pilots have been screwing over junior ones for years, and the screwing continues. Good on you old fella.

AA

But stop calling me on the layovers and asking for VIAGRA!! :eek:
I DON"T HAVE ANY!!
 

NightFlyer

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 29, 2001
Posts
157
Total Time
5000+
It's amazing how these threads take on a life of their own. :)


NightFlyer
 

oldf4guy

Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2003
Posts
19
Total Time
5500
Hey AAFlyer, like FoxHunter said, some day you'll learn the facts of life. Like fact #1:

There will always be scum sucking leaches who will step on anyone's back to get ahead. They may be standing in the welfare line or they may be the miserable non-member captain who has no life outside the workplace, so age 60 becomes his life sentence to nothingness. Non-members are our profession's welfare mothers, we will always have them.

BTW you notice most FDX guys won't even respond to FH. That is because he has quite a reputation amongst the crew force for being the most miserable p&^$*k you can imagine. He even worse in real life than he is here.
 

AAflyer

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 26, 2001
Posts
1,493
Total Time
9000+
Thanks for the heads up, something seemed slightly amiss!.

And yes threads take on a life of therre own, it wouldn't be flightinfo without it. I leave you now to your regularly scheduled thread.

AA :D
 

donger

Union member
Joined
Oct 31, 2002
Posts
112
Total Time
3000+
I am trying to decide if I want to move up this bid or the next one, when do you think the spring bid would be?[/QUOTE]


End of March to April
 

Echopapa

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 17, 2003
Posts
143
Total Time
5000
FoxHunter said:
Some do, some don't.:)

The conversion schedule is updated on the company web site every Friday. MD11 N628FE is scheduled to arrive 08/09/05 for September revenue service, MD11 N631FE to arrive 08/11/05 for Sep service, MD11 N624FE arrives 08/28/05 for Sept service, MD11 N577FE arrives 10/17/05 for December service, MD11 N574FE arrives 11/28/05 for Jan 06 service. MD10-10 N381FE arrives 8/17/05 for October service, MD10-10 N564FE arrives 09/10/05 for October service, MD10-10 N571FE arrives 10/17/05 for November service, MD10-10 N556FE arrives 11/16/05 for Jan 06 and the list goes on until November 2011. FWIW The list also includes the A300/A310s.

I am not comfortable with you releasing this much detailed corporate information. Is there any point to doing so? I think you can make your point adequately with a more general statement and refrain from posting what some would consider sensative corporate information.

I am not aware of anyone on this board that has given out actual tail numbers and fleet schedules specific to the day of aquisition and in-service date.

Please remove your post.
 
Top